Using tea as a nutrient

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mjo116, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Ive heard of using coffee grounds as a nutrient and i was just wondering if Tea had also been used successfully as a nutrient.

2. Coffee ground tea may be good for vegging because its good as a slow release of Nitrogen (N). But you certainly couldn't use just that.

You'll have to look around for the proper mix.

Here is a site I found just by typing "using coffee grounds as fertilizer" in Google
    Coffee grounds for compost and fertilizer

3. Thanks, but i wasnt talking about making a coffee ground tea.What i was wondering was whether or not you can use Tea(the kind you drink) as a nutrient or in some other beneficial way for marijuana.

4. Ok... either way you will need something else, you certainly couldn't use just that.

Again, just by typing "using tea as a fertilizer" in Google i found this site.
    Tea As Fertilizer

Do some searching man.

Google: Google

there will be a white box for text, just type in there and click "Google Search"

5. Thanks. I do use fertilizer already, just wondering about tea. That link had some good info

6. I dont think im gonna use Tea as it is high in acid. I am gonna try making some rosemary tea. Do i just let it sit in water overnight? or does it need to be heated first?