Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Using substitute urine for drug test...Lexapro?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by linds88, Nov 2, 2013.

1. So I'm using my best friend's urine for a drug test that I just found out about yesterday for my dream job. The test will be sometime this week (they're going to email me and I have 48 hours from that point to take the test). She just told me that she's on Lexapro for depression...Anyone know if they will detect this in my drug screen and if they'd say something since I don't have a prescription for it and wouldn't be listing it on my medical history forms?

I'm in the process of trying to get a prescription for it but I don't know if I'll be able to in time. I'm really freaking out because I HAVE to pass or I'm losing out on an amazing opportunity. I'm worried sick and if I had any clue there would be a drug test for this job, I would have quit smoking long ago but I've smoked daily for a year and that's not an option with this little time unfortunately so I have to use substitute pee. I've looked into synthetic urine but can't find any places that sell it that could get it to me in time (due to the weekend). I don't want to spend $50 on shipping and then have it not even come in time. :(

2. Yes they will. Escitalopram (lexapro) is a drug. What they decide to do about it iono. You can say a doctor has given u samples. Maybe u should try using someone else's urine. Maybe a guys. I only know about the lexapro showing up cause I work in a pharmacy and go to pharmacy school. And that's how they test to see if we are stealing from them.

Sent from....... wouldn't you like to know. Probably your mamas house.

3. Just tell them you use it for depression, it should have no effect on your job, if its not a pharmacy job they are just checking for illegal drugs I imagine. Why would they test for a non illegal anti depressant?