Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Using Solar Lighting to light your bowl

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by LovingTree, Jun 9, 2010.

1. I've seen this on youtube a few times. Would this be better for your lungs than using a lighter? Does it legit work?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx8Dyqo0IEc&feature=related]YouTube - SOLAR BONG RIP ~ 3" MAGNIFYING GLASS[/ame]

2. extend that clip 3 seconds longer and see him burn his fingers. lol Yea in a sense would be healthier but, The temp that your slide will get to will make u not wanna touch it lol

3. Not at all. Lots of people do solar hits all the time and never get burned.

4. That's too sick... But what if it rains/ night?

5. OSG got it right. And yes if would be healthier I guess and a lot more pure then lighter fluid or even Beeline. Sun light is the cleanest source of ignition IMO.

6. Then you use something else :confused_2:

7. Yah but i really think its just something to do as a trick when your bored

8. I see a solar bong hit in my future. :hello:

9. Haha, right.

Definitely heard of using solar before, never tried it myself.

10. That's the only catch. Solar lighting's only good on a sunny day when you can smoke outside or near a window. It does work well though, and you don't have to worry about where your lighter is, how much fluid is left, or getting your Bic stolen.

11. Wait until a rainbow comes out and hit that shit with a rainbow.

12. with solar hits you gotta worrey about a magnafine glass............you can loose that and get it stolen also, shattering them would not be hard either

13. Cleanest hits known to man, minus spontaneously combusting your weed with your mind, which is what I do.

14. be the rainbow, taste the rainbow

15. LOL. okay...I thought he wanted to depend on solar energy... I got it bad?

I would but I'm straight lol.....

16. hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha that fucking made my night.

17. Thanks OP

i have wanted to do this for along time but forgot. thanks for the remind =)

18. :cool:you can still burn things w/magnifying glasses on overcast day depending on the glass & how well u can hold at max focal point,true it isn't instant like sunny day is. i had a swiss army knife that had a killer magnifying glass.i've smoked in 40+mph winds,the ocean(surfboard&boogie),the river,the pool,hot tub,driving in convertable.plus it can be used on windy days to light fires.if u don't want a knife:confused:you can always get a jewelers loop.theyare available in various powers 30x is probably the easiest to find but they have lots of others.:smoking::smoking:

19. :confused: You just have wait for sunlight bro

20. It works fine, but only durring direct sunlight. No clouds, or it takes forever. Back in the day when I was a boy scout, we started fires this way.

I use a 6" glass and it takes more time to focus than to light.