Using shake as a nutrient?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by iMaven, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Is there anyway ground shake could work as an added nutrient to a new plant?
    maybe having to prepare it with something else so it could be absorbed?

haha just wondering

2. Like this

[​IMG]

3. what am i looking at?

a bunch of trimmings around a new plant?
    does this imply i can use shake and it would be absored even better as it would "decompose' quicker or what? sorry a bit confused.

4. You can use your leaves as a mulch, or your shake as an amendment. Go lightly with it, maybe 1-2 tbsp/ga of soil mix.

chunk

5. Worm bins make quick work of any plant material including cannabis.

Just a thought.........

LD

6. Has anyone tried fermenting cannabis and then feeding it to the plants they were growing? Does it have any special hormones that would benefit or just nutrient value?

7. Doesn't fermentation produce alcohol? I don't think plants are drinkers. Plus I don't like to mix substances :D

It'd probably just have a nutrient level. If you figure it preserves most of the nutrients you feed it, you'll be giving that back to the next plant.

Although, shake can make hash.

8. Cannibalistic Cannabis.
    Say that 5 times fast.

9. yeah you're better off just making hash.

10. Since I vaporize I always have lots of vapemains. Should do well as a compost additive. Any thoughts?

11. I use my hash dregs as a mulch......MIW

12. Use it.......

13. Use the remains for cooking and get more mileage from it.

On the subject of using leaves for mulch, I would be concerned about spreading disease spores into the soil. This seems like a real rule breaker about sanitation in the grow area and soil. I would think that a better use would be to compost or use it for vermicastings as LD suggested. You would still get the benefits of the plant material without the risk of inoculating your soil with unwanted pathogens and spores.

14. Organic growing is more a system over a method. In such a balanced system pathogens while a part of it, are balanced with beneficail bacterias and fungus, as well as good bugs. That starts with thermo compost destroying pathogens with heat. Adding O to our teas and so on. Sterilizing is hydro and chem left over concerns that should be noted in our system but not something of conern in a balanced system. Using neem, karanja cake and crab meal, with homemade thermo compost, and compost tea is my answer for bugs and other scarey juju.....MIW

15. I vape at 368F and after I get done with a whip its completely toasted:smoking:(5-7good pulls with good bud) or I would try running some through my bags to see whats what. But its not uncommon for people to cook with it but my feeling there is that they are dumping out the whip way too fast or vaping at too low of a temp if there's any goodies(THC,CBD,CBN,etc.) left to cook with. IMHO

16. #16 Galaxy420, Oct 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2011

I believe you need to break down the plant matter first in a composting system and then feed it to the plant. New leaves laying on the soil will hold moisture and therefore possible mold and fungus, ._. not something you want near the root system of the plant;)

Also, if you got lots of shake, maka the bubblehash...