Using pure organics in coco coir.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by imationkarl, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Can I use raw organics (bat guano, worm castings, etc) in pure coco?

The reason I ask, I've had AMAZING results in coco coir using canna and GH chemicals. Like 2x the growth and yield of my soil. I would run the organics in normal soil, but I seem to have terrible luck with it. Even DWC hydro I have much better luck with.

I'm a scientist with access to everything I need to brew incredible organic microbe teas to inoculate with, but it's really pointless if I'm using chemicals.

So I ask, can I keep kicking ass with pure coco coir as a medium, and just switch over to organic nutrients with tons of microbe life?

Thanks!!!

2. dont waste your money. i use all the general hydroponics line as well as the general organics. i agree, you get 2x the yield with coco over soil, but the additives dont do much. however, with that being said, bioweed is an amazing product. i also use subculture m and b, but its hard to say if i get any better results than the plain coco mix. just keep your ph at 5.8-9 and monitor your EC in and out regularly.

3. Pre-bottled "organic" nutrients are very far from being truly organic. Like you said, I know better than to waste my money on garbage that has "organic" all over the bottle but is packed with preservatives.

I'm asking about real organics such as bat guano and worm castings in the raw. I have a strong feeling this forum won't be able to address my specific question, which is fine. I will probably have to talk with someone at the university about it, but I wanted to avoid that.