using predator urine?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by TKOkush, Apr 29, 2012.

1. hello folks, i have always took a leak near my plants while checking them. have been told it keeps some animals away with your scent, believe it helps some.

anyway my locall ffl sells pretador urine like wolf, coyote, maybe some sort a cat? just wondering if anyone has tried using it and how it works for them?
    i have heard of people in the past talking about it but canot remember any definitive answer.
    it is realitivly cheap to buy and would be nice if it kept the plant eating mamals and rodents shy of the area.
    thanks for any answers.

2. Cant hurt to try i piss out by mine also and i know deer walk right by it because there is deer shit all around my spot... luckly they havnt got the munchies

3. Tkokush, i live in the part of the country with the highest concentration of whitetail deer in the US. We have 45 deer per square mile. I can sit on my deck and watch 20 deer graze along side the cattle in the field across from my house. We have troubles.

Deer danger is controlled by available food. If the clover and alfalpha is high, they wont touch your plants. If its rough country or a drought which eliminates young shoots and leaves its a battle royal.

Here, weve found that if the deer are really hungry, you can shit and piss and have your dog or wolf shit and piiss, place mothballs around or do anything you want and it wont work. Ive actually had plants eaten that were dripping wet with deer repellant.

We have found 2 approaches that work.

The electronic animal repellers with the electric eye that produce a silent pitch work. For about 50 bucks,you can get models that have a small solar cell and when the animals move in the patch, its activated and they go away.

2. We have discovered that making a tea from plants that a deer wont eat is very effective. Deer will not eat a brown eyed susan. They contain a caustic substance that they dont like. Either pick or buy a boquet, soak it for tea and spray the plant. Clearly the deer thinks it a BESusan. In testing, we actually took a handful of sweet clover hay, sprayed it with BESusan tea, layed it on an active deer path and they didnt touch it. They wont touch your plants if sprayed. Other plants may work as well. I have a buddy that uses Milk weed extract which works as well.

4. clodhopper, awsome tip on the brow eyed susan i have never heard that one and will be using the idea. also have never tried the milk weed extract but have seen that as an ingrediant in a deer away product.
    i also have tried the electronic repeller but not in a ganja garden but at home in my perrenial garden. in the winter they wreak havok on my perrrenials but i found it only worked for a short period of time and when they got hungry enough they still came and ate.
    maybe trying it in summer when they can have easier meals it would work for me better?

i imagine we live quite close to each other, not neighbors but in the same part of the US. i am about 41*-42* north near the great lakes. we have hot, humid summers and fall can be rainy and humid. nice hills, good fishing and hiking , beautiful country.
    but yes we have loads of deer i filled my tags 1 buck and 2 doe in the first 2 days of der season last year. we are also known as one of the best whitetail hunting areas in the state i reside in.

deer are usually not my biggest enemy but this year i switched most spots and have had to make new ones and the spots i'm in are literally deer hyways. i wouldn't grow here but i know i haven't to worry about people here and helicopters haven't been flying for 3 years now (budget!! :) so i would take the deer spots over areas i have to worry about people.
    anyway thanks for suggestions that i will use. if you are bored i started an outdoor journal in the outdoor journal section. stop by and give me some feedback or constructive criticism when able.