using potting soil with ferts a no no?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tinytim, May 4, 2006.

1. Ok so i germinated my seeds and put them in a party cup with some potting soil that says it fertilizes for up to 3 weeks. is it bad to sprout your plants in this type of soil? im wondering b/c i hear its bad to use ferts for the first 3 weeks or something. thanx

2. yes. bad. can burn plants. been discussed here to death.

3. Yes yes it's a no no.

4. my bad i shudda searched, thnx for the help tho

5. Do not use soil with ferts in them already. My buddy and I planted 7 DP blueberrys feminized (first grow, stupid i know) in Miracle Grow soil, supposed to fert the plants for up to 3 months. Just to keep it short and simple, only 1 is growing perfect, another 1 is growing alright but is still doing a little curling and has some weird yellow tints on some of the leaves. Just get some normal soil without fertalizer and nute it yourself. Not worth wasting money on.

6. Why is everybodies first grow always feminized casue that what im going with the new 5 packs from greenhouse seeds its called the Doctor cant wait to get medicated from this one and for your soil dilemma heres a little sumthing www.discount-hydro.com/growmediums.asp