Using Nutrients In Soil

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jaydub2, Aug 19, 2014.

1. About when do you want to start putting nutrients in the water for the plant? how often? First time using nuts in grow. Dont make fun of me. I started with Fox Farm Ocean floor soil and i have a bottle of bioThrive from General Organics. it is a 2-4-4 bloom mix. 

2. Fox Farms Ocean Forest ('FFOF' commonly referred) is hot out of the bag. You should be able to veg your plant all the way through your veg cycle with zero nutes, only distilled or RO water. I vegged my current grow for 6 weeks in FFOF, no other additives and my ladies were all big in veg, and are monsters now in flower (also in FFOF).

You won't use 'bloom' until you are in flower. How old are your plants?

3. both mine didn't need any nutes till half way through flower, that's with 2 repots
    although the sativa needed abit of cal mag in stretch

4. Im only on week one of veg. Im just trying to get a head start on when i need to do certain things so i can be ready. Im glad i picked good soil then should make the process much easier. 

good, don't add any bloom until you flip into flower. How big are your pots? Mine stayed in 1 gal pots for 6 weeks! I transplented into 5gal FFOF pots for flower, but even with only 1 gallon of FFOF and no nutes, my ladies were fed just fine in veg. Just RO water is all I did with them. No deficiencies or problems.

6. Right now i have 9 candidates competing for a spot in the box. Figured half would end up guys. So for now they are in little degradable sprout pots. I have 3.5 gallon pots ready for them once i figure out the sex 

Well always feel free to toss up a pic. We always like new members who are camera happy around here. Nobody gets tired of looking at new plants :bongin: 

Welcome to GC :smoke:

8.  i will be adding some tonight ill make sure to tag you