Using music to help Cannabis grow?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Farmkid1054, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Me and a buddy of mine were talking about different cool growing techniques and if they worked or not and how. Long story short... does music make Cannabis plants grow better? And what music/sound would be best? (Sorry if this has been talked about recently)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  2. Yeah -
    Cannabis loves ‘70’s trippy Prog Rock.
    I play it around the house often, and get great results :biggrin: ;)

7FF99427-474F-4DFF-8EC2-E18F76230916.jpeg
    7A4C4072-D28B-4289-8CE1-A3F347C28C94.jpeg
    D3D5516A-1A4F-40F6-86F5-F5D327157DC0.jpeg
    0319F75F-6570-4660-9D65-9DFBBD368874.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Not too loud as to concern the neighbors.
    Discretion my friend :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 3
  4. Google Sonic Bloom and dig into the science of sound and plant growth.

I'd play those fuckers some Bach lol.

You might also consider nature, out there it is sunny and more noisy due to birds and insects etc, and at night it is mostly quiet, so maybe only play music during the day cycle of lighting?

• Like Like x 3
  5. I use Barry White during 12/12.....Dead serious

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. That’s not a bad thought I really wish someone would do an all out experiment with this concept it’s something simple that can improve growth

• Like Like x 1
  7. The bud master the master of bud

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  8. lol

9. Funniest thread I've read in awhile

10. No I’ve heard it all. Next ypu will touching them and stroking them lol. I stay quiet I think my plants like it that way Hehehe.

Imagine if somebody had a fucked up voice and where ever ypu go ypu stunt the growth :confused_2:

11. Sing to them they get music and a bit of extra co2.. set up a kerieoki invite your friends, family, and neighbors plants will love it!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Mine love..:)
    zztop.gif

• Like Like x 4
  13. #16 Bravedave, Feb 17, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    Sonic bloom!!! Wow its been a long time. I have a little story. A little over a decade ago...I was leaving Denver heading north to the Dakotas. Traffic was horrible. Stop and go all the way to Fort Collins. I had planned to grab a bite there and fill up on gas. It was in Aug/Sept., late in the afternoon, and hot as hell. Spotted a hitchhiker about a hundred yards ahead. Watched him as car after car after car passed him by....once I reached him I could see why. I am a pretty big guy but this guy was 300+ bills if he was a dollar...sweating profusely, carrying a big green canvas duffle in one hand and a heavy coat in the other. Every 20 seconds or so he would set the duffle down and stick out his thumb for a few seconds and just stand looking, expressionless, at the long line of cars. Not sure a smile would have helped. Like most people I avoided his gaze as I drove by. 20 or so yards later I took the Fort Collins exit ramp. At a convenience store there I picked up a deli sandwich, some ice for my cooler, a couple large bottles of mountain dew...and gas. It was probably 20-30 minutes later that I started pulling back on the highway...and there he still was. Having only travelled that distance between the off and on ramp in that time. Still sweating and trudging along...now hundreds of cars having passed him by. I too drove by him again feeling guilty about being in my new truck with the AC blowing cold. I could not take it. I pulled over about 20 yards past him and honked because he had stopped and with thumb out was looking the other way. When he saw me, he grabbed his bag and hussled up to my truck. When he did, from my passenger side mirror, I noticed a long scar along his cheek and his black framed glasses added to a discomforting look. As I buzzed down the electric window he started to lean forward, looked at me and then stumbled back with a look on his face like he had seen a ghost. Seemingly regaining his composure he approached again saying "Man you have amazing colors". I smirked and said "yeah yeah" and asked where he was going...he countered with "Where are you going"...I countered with "I asked first". He said, "Rapid City". I said "this is now your lucky day" as I unlocked the passager door telling him to throw his bag in the back of the truck. Before he got in I grabbed a clean towel from my own travel bag and threw it at him, telling him to dry off his arms, neck, face and hair. Which he did as he stood next to the truck. He then looked at me again as if asking permission and I gave him a sideways nod and he climbed into what had to feel like a refridgerator to him. His knees were almost touching the dash so I told him that his seat will move back using the lever under the front and he could recline it using the buttons on the right side of the seat. I put my blinker on and pulled back into traffic as he got settled with a hint of a grin. After a little time passed, I reached in back of his seat and grabbed a mountain dew out of the ice and handed it to him...startling him a bit with cold water dripping off the bottle and hitting his arm. He smiled big and said thanks as I grabbed one for myself. I turned my music back up and soon thereafter the traffic cleared enough to get going close to the speed limit. We travelled for maybe 15 minutes without anyone saying anything. He then uttered something and I reached and turned down the music and said "What?" and he repeated "Why did you pick me up? So many people just passed me by." I said "Man! You gotta know you are kind of a scary looking dude" He said, "Right! Why did you pick me up?" His words hanging almost demandingly in the air. I said, "I just figured if I did not pick you up, nobody would." He looked straight forward and nodded as if maybe understanding. I added, "Plus, if you meant to do me any harm, I would at least break your nose." He laughed and looked at me with smiling eyes and said "I bet you would.". The rest of the trip was totally amazing...you will have to read the whole book when I write it ...
    In any case, the point...
    I had a bunch of joints rolled and stored in an Altoids tin in my glove compartment. I leaned across and snapped it open offering him one and taking one for myself. He got the biggest kick for some reason that the Altoids tin had a she-devil on the top.( I still have it)

In any case, this got him talking about Sonic Bloom..telling me how the original concept was to record a season of nature sounds...speeding that recording up...and playing it to the plants...to speed their growth up. His plan was to bring it to Pine Ridge Rez and try to get them to grow hemp/weed using that concept because supposedly they were toying with the idea of growing hemp there anyway.

Sorry so long...one last tidbit of which there IS a book worth on the trip....As we drove through Wyoming it was getting dark and I looked over and saw he was not wearing his seatbelt. I said "Hey do you mind putting your seat belt on" He said, "Sure.". fumbling with the belt and then snapping it into place. I kid you not, not more than 2 minutes later 2 huge dear jumped in front of my truck and I had to lock up the brakes. coming to a screeching halt. Missed one, by a couple feet as it froze just before scampering off. I eased my foot on the accellerator and we started moving again. I looked over and he was slack-jawed and staring at me. He thumb-snapped the seatbelt shoulder harness and said "How did you know??" I laughed and pulled out the tin with the little she-devil on it and sparked another joint. Took a long hit, lighting my face a little red in the mostly dark truck cab, and handed it him.
    True story.

• Like Like x 5
  14. I’m about as high as a kite and I really wish that story was a few hours longer loved the read awesome story

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Thanks.. :) Oh and my plants like Jeff Beck and Peter Tosh I think the most...They also like Brule'

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yea I enjoyed the story, could be longer lol, hit me up when the book is done.

I recently picked a guy up and gave him a ride, we had a great talk and in the end he invited me to stop over any time, even 4th of july he said haha.

17. They'e done studies on this before.
    Soothing music like classical has better results than say heavy metal.