Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Using MMJ as a alternative to pharmaceuticals

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by dreupsisfasterthanfedex, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Hello all, about 3 months ago I had a bad break in my wrist causing it so shatter completely into about 4 different pieces, my doctor had to pump me full of painkillers to place all the pieces back in their correct position. During the time of which I had my cast I still had chronic pain. The doctor had prescribed me perc's, which I have previously had issues with. I threw them out almost immediately and I found that MMJ was the best cure for my pain during the healing stage. I am curious to know if anyone else has had experiences like this (I'm sure there's a lot). And I would love to hear how MMJ has helped you to deal with pain, whether it be mental or physical.

Bless up? More like blaze up

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dont have any stories but, there's nothing like a good indica heavy strain for pain.

Look into concentrates if you haven't already, or wait till your tolerance raises.

subbed and best of luck

Sent from my LGLS620 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  3. great topic - will be following to hear from others with experience.

Not just MMJ but cannabinoid isolates are also effective for tons of diff. health issues ;) Thanks for sharing OP & others providing feedback

SALUTE to you all!!!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Hi all, I've survived 5 back surgeries dating back to 2001. Out of desperation, I turned to cannabis, at that time i was taking norco, muscle relaxers, and ibuprofen. The docs hit me with shots and many different pain medications over the years with minimal relief. Special thanks to GC and PSam's tincture thread I've managed to significantly reduce my opioid use.
    Peace

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sure. I use it as a replacement for most pharmaceuticals (given most of anything I take addressed issues that weed addresses).

6. I have some insane lower back issues and I use medical ganja to handle the pain. I also have nerve damage in my back, abdomin and lower extremities and it helps with that issue, the kind of pain it is. Also it helps with nausea and vomiting. It gives appetite too, which is a good thing for me.

I smoke medical ganja and concentrates that I get from a legit dispensary that I know. All of it is lab tested in batches, barcoded and track able from grow to shelf. I like that kind of attention to detail. It does make a difference as far as what strains work on different kinds of pain so it's a good idea to try different kinds of ganja.

Concentrates offer a far more potent option to tackle pain. For what ever reason, I notice that ganja in its green bud form works far better on nausea then concentrates and edibles. For me any way. Concentrates like wax take a special rig or vape to use with the most efficiency but you can certainly add hash oil to doobies and top bowls with it. They make stuff like moon rocks and caviar gold that is bud, infused with hash oil and keif. That kind of stuff is also best used with discretion lol.

Edibles being another option for pain and for me the far most potent. It's because you don't green out like when you smoke ganja, you just get higher and higher until you are sick. It is a miserable feeling getting too wasted on edibles because that's what eating to much ganja does....it fucking wastes you /rant over

With h that said, edibles when used correctly offers the best and most powerful pain relief. I make brownies, cookies and also single dose stuff like hot coco. It takes far longer effect you, but you sleep like the dead. It pounds you too! The most ass kicking couch lock I ever had was from edibles. It felt like I left the dimension we currently reside on and entered the couch universe. Like swimming in an endless ocean of couch pillows. Up to your Kneck in them and barely afloat. It felt like I had couch pillow arms and couch pillow legs. With a seat cushion body and rectangle cushion head.

So by all means try it all. Just use it in moderation at first. As far as edibles go, I would eat half of what ever anyone offered me for the first time and wait two hours before even attempting to try more. It can be overwhelming. You will definately find all kinds of different stuff that works for you when it comes to ganja and the many forms it takes. Enjoy it, I know I certainly do!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Good stuff! This is what I like to hear! Natural healing helping common people!

8. I am trying to find a good strain to give my girl some energy and help with pain and nausea. I almost bought green crack, but the description was saying it gave a couch lock stone lol. Thinking about going with Silver Haze. Anyone have a good suggestion?

• Like Like x 1
  9. IMO you should check out indica dominant hybrids, because you can have the heavy indica to battle the pain and nausea, but at the same time you will have the sativa for the energy. Wish you the best of luck!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Pain relief and boosted energy levels are the holy grail. Closest thing I've found is a sour diesel my friend cultivated in his basement. Beware the imitations, things ain't always what they seem to be. Find a strain that works for you and grow it. Not my advice, that comes from Jorge Cervantes

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. I have chronic achillies tedonitis and Haglunds Syndrome. I believe the Marijuana will at most numb the pain dimly and relax me but it will not heal my condition. It depends on what you have weather it's an external or internal problem.

The achillies tendon also does not receive a lot of blood flow so that may be another reason why the THC doesn't affect me there so much.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bump

13. I have chronic migraines and muscle spasms in my back and have prescriptions for two types of strong pain killers and a muscle relaxant. However, it's hard to take pain meds when you can't stop vomiting. Since I don't smoke, I use a tincture in a little bit of something sweet like Sunny D. The alcohol tincture starts to be absorbed by the tissues of the mouth and I can usually start to feel the affects within 15-20 minutes. It is wonderful for quelling the nausea and even if it's not enough for the pain, I am then able to take my prescription meds without promptly losing them again. I use a variation of Master Wu's green dragon and it has been a godsend for me.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture
    [​IMG]
    5 grams decarbed hash-kief 160 micron
    1 tablespoon coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon lecithin
    heat 220 deg 20 min then freeze.. 3 more cycles for me.. Makes 30 size (0) caps..
    [​IMG]
    One to one ratio for the tincture
    [​IMG]
    BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more
    Both are kats basic recipes.. Well powdered bud can be used in place of the hash..
    Decarb or not depending on an Active or Inactive preparation is desired..
    I use both to control a post surgery site spasm.. Does the job very well..
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  15. SOOOOO TRUE! Thanks.........

• Like Like x 1
  16. I was able to come off of anti-depressants and just smoke on bad days, as needed. This has been a little hard to do, because living in a non-medical MJ state, you take whatever you can get. But I would go as far as to say that it saved my life. My son was killed in work related incident, 5 years ago, and had it not been for MJ to pull me out of the deep abyss I fell into a few times, I know I'd be dead. I continue to use "as needed." So much better than having to medicate continually and never having ups and downs. Downs suck, but they are even worse when you never have any ups because of anti-depressants.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Adverse reactions to gabapentin and Cymbalta for acute fibro - with TBI the pre-existing condition were nearly fatal.
    A vape twice a day resolved the majority of the adverse effects and gave emotional comfort.

18. #18 aftethefox, Apr 8, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
    I'm looking to come off antidepressants and tranqs which I have been on since 1981 for clinical depression and PTSD (I have been and continue to be suicidal). I am hoping to get a positive response from my prescribing physician, my therapist thinks it's a great idea so I have her to back me up. I'm no stranger to withdrawal because I have switch prescribed meds before but I am curious if anyone has successfully gone off prescribed meds to MMJ. I live in MA close to 2 dispensaries and physicians who can evaluate my status for MMJ. Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions/life experiences for me?

19. #19 Its Dro Bro, Apr 8, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
    Most pharmaceuticals are much worse for you

• Like Like x 1
  20. afterthefox, I'd recommend you work with your GP when it comes to making changes in your treatment regimen. I'm not qualified, trained, or licensed to give medical advice - but from personal experience with physical injury and emotional trauma, the pharmaceuticals were pediatric doses and with my situation the drugs were very nearly fatal. With my GP's recommendation I managed a half-assed grow of two plants that had low THC levels but which provided immediate and comprehensive mitigation of base symptomology.
    IOW, for me, medical pot worked, and continues to do so with very low doses via a PnP (I can't smoke, or even be around people who do because of lifelong asthma; my Epi pens and rescue inhaler, peak flow meter and pulse-oximeter are always with me). Brewing strong greet tea with a teaspoon of dried, crumbled fan leaves is also very helpful when arthritis (both hips) tries to have fangs and bite hard.
    I hope for nothing but the best for you and hope you find a quality of life - maybe not what you'd planned - but one where you find meaning and personal growth.

• Like Like x 3