Using LED with CFL

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Gaiakind, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Hello I am a first time grower. Got a clone. I am about 3 weeks in. First two weeks I had it in a solo cup sitting under an aerogro. Did pretty well. Then I transplanted into a medium sized pot and watered it in with half the suggested nutes that came with the aerogro. For lights- set up the 45w "Vintage grow" red and blue LEDs hanging a little over a foot above as well as 3) 100w bright light CFL bulbs about 4 1/2" away from the plant. I think it's still going well. But the question I have is, has anyone else used LED and CFL together? Does the bright white lite cancel out the red and blue LED or does it just add different spectrums together?

[​IMG]

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

2. Nothing gets canceled out. Your plant absorbs the cooler colors during veg and more warm colors during flowering. So use 6500k CFLs for veg and....3500k? During flowering.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cool thanks for the info! I will change the CFLs to "warm light" when I go to flower and just leave the LEDs the whole time.

4. Just felt like posting these... Almost a month in after the clone dome. Look like I'm about where I should be?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

5. You can get your CFLs even closer. I'm running a 450w Viparspectra and a 300w mars hydro with 2 300w CFLs on the sides.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nice.good advice. I actually did move all the lights closer. And transplanted to a bigger pot and a little LST. Looking alright I think:)