Using Keif and any harsh or concentrate to make E-Juice!

Discussion in 'E-Liquids & E-Juice, E-Cigarettes' started by Vicious, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Thc will not stay infused w normal pg or vg. You need peg400 or something similar. The problem with this is that peg400 isnt as tested and for some people, can have issues using it. Ive found after doing this for a while that its mostly a waste. The best way to get vape juice is to buy co2 extracted oils. You can use these directly in box mod vapes.

Honestly the easiest thing to do would be to get a cheap vape that works like a sutra mini and you wont have to worry about the entire mess of it.

2. #22 Joinerc, Sep 9, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    I use this formula . Not mine

By far the best technique is using a binary solvent in my home in the same manner I discovered later that a 50 year old patent on cleaning up citrus oil had been issued for. I nearly match now fhe exact technique outlined in that patent, except I use extracts instead of raw citrus oil.

The resulting oil is liquid at room temp and ranges in color from clear amber to clear red in color. The vape from the oil(s) refined from dispensary extract are generally light and fruity and in many cases are a spine tingling experience for me. I do not get this type of high from unwashed extracts, which test nominally at 80%.

In general this is how I do it, though there are a bunch of really cool versions I have used;

First I disolve the extract in off the shelf rubbing alcohol, which is an azeotropic mixture of water and isopropyl alcohol. The brand I use is 70% iso and 30% water. I shake the extract and stir to disolve. Heating the mix helps to disolve it, but it must be completely disolved. Then it is put in the freezer for a short time. I use about an hour or less.

Then I put the mix into a centrifuge ($65 on amazon) and spin it at 4000 rpm for 30 min. This makes things separate into a dark bottom layer and a milky white top layer which forms the majority of the two layers. The top is siphoned off with pipette and discarded.

Then I replace the fluid just removed with rubbing alcohol and shake briskly. An emulsion forms. I put back in the refrigerator for a short time, then back on the centrifuge at 4000 rpm for 30 min. Two layers form, the top being the color of the final product (either clear/amber to dark brown/red depending on starting product). The bottom layer is geneally not clear and is an emulsion. Waxes that get packed during this phase float visibly. The top is easily poured off and saved if the waxes are not shaken from the packing too much.

The final product still has significant alcohol odor in it at this point. I allow evaporation to occur using gentle heat (in the safest version of this process). As the product evaporates off the isopropyl alcohol the mix will once again begin to separate into two immiscible layers. The layers are easy to separate. One is milky white and one is the color of the final product. Milky white layer discarded (makes good cleaning solution).

The final product is vacuum purged twice as a personal preference. I purge once. I then heat the product until decarboxylation seems complete (it stops bubbling over heat), then I final purge the product at 29.5" of vacuum.

I am particularly fond of the oils made like this that are light red/amber in color. The taste of these is like Fruit Loops and makes my spine tingle when I vape a good dense hit. I am a medical patient who has replaced opiates with this for significant pain.

The photo is my last batch in a plastic syring applicator I use. A nail is used to stopper the applicator and is highly useful in getting the oil into my vape without loss. It also shows the clarity of the exact process outlined. This red oil is the best I have ever had and this is what I make though some of the amber/clear strains are within a frogs hair of being just as yummy. There is no respiratory irritation. No coughing or hacking.
    De waxing is key in vaping pens. I use rovebrand cartridges that I bought full and refill.

3. I use rovebrand pens there great. Order ceramic coils with holes no wicks.if you use everclear like me you need to winterize to get the fats,husk,lipids out. After freezing in dry ice 4 2 days vacuum purge and no need to add anything.