Using Incandescent Lights With Cfl Lights.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Shockwave603, Jun 13, 2013.

1. My plant is about 2-3 weeks old, and i have been keeping a CFL light on it, along with a heating pad under the pot its in. Would it benefit, or harm, the plant at all if i also keep an incandescent light near the plant for heat? 

2. what are your temp's?

3. About 75-80 F

4. With a fan in the closet with it for air flow

5. So why do you want more heat?

6. I usually have the ac on in my house so the room gets colder, and the incandescent would provide heat. Would it help it grow faster, better, or anything? 

7. Just put more CFLs in there if you need a little heat. The plants can use the light a lot better. I have never used a heating pad for anything grow related. Light = heat.

8. I would just add another CFl, it will give you some more heat along with more light than an incandescent would. Plus use less energy than an incandescent.

9. You're better off to get 3x 20 watt CFL and put those it. You'll get 60 watts of heat from them, and way more light than the incandescent will give off, saving you money, and giving the plants more light. Just my thought.