Using Humidipak/Boveda in your stash jars

Discussion in 'General' started by BlazinJazz, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Hey blades,

do any of you use humidipaks or boveda in your stash jars? I've been considering it, because i personally like to stock up and save, unfortunately this means that by the end of my stash it is fairly old. My locking mason jar thing keeps it pretty darn fresh for 2 or 3 months, but I was wondering if using a humidipak would keep it even fresher?

What relative humidity level should i choose? seems like 69% is the most common, but I don't want to use it just because it's the most popular. I feel like i would lean towards 72% cause i feel like it would be just a bit more moisture for the ultimate fresh taste every time. any answers would be much appreciated.

2. Search this site or icmag. There are threads that go in depth on curing RH.

I wouldn't want to store anything at the rh you mentioned. That's mold city.

Don't put anything in the mason jars with your bud.

3. i did search quickly for posts relating to RH for storage. I didn't find anything particularly enlightening. also, i wanted specific information on using humidipaks in mason jars. i've heard of it several times before and was just wondering if anyone else had experience doing it. Thanks for the reply though, i didn't know 72% was high enough to cause mold

4. 62% is what I think most people use and is recommended. I have used them in a storage tin from freshstor

5. Yes 62% is what I use.