Using hemp string?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Deleted member 457854, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Could I use hemp string instead of ordering bee line i tried it and it just tasted a little different is it going t kill me? I know about how to make my own but I don't want to get the beeswax and where can I find the tutorial to wrap it on my lighter the one I found the pictures didn't work.

2. Its the same thing as hemp wick except with out the wax so your good

3. What exactly does the wax do to it?

4. It burns a lot faster without the wax. The wax helps a lot but you could use it if you're not comfortable purchasing hemp wick like Organwick :p

5. [quote name='"Ryanl809"']Could I use hemp string instead of ordering bee line i tried it and it just tasted a little different is it going t kill me? I know about how to make my own but I don't want to get the beeswax and where can I find the tutorial to wrap it on my lighter the one I found the pictures didn't work.[/quote]

It's not going to be as healthy or taste as good as the real stuff. Which kinda defeats the point.

6. #7 BadKittySmiles, Mar 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2012
    In the future, especially if you're worried about your health, try using the search feature... you'll get faster and often more accurate responses by doing a quick bit of research! :smoke:

I mostly only say this, because the very same thread came up just yesterday :p

From the thread....

-----------

Below is just a post from a similar recent thread, that explains a bit of what you wanted to know, mainly about why you should avoid using jewelry/craft hemp which isn't made explicitly for smoking, it should also answer some questions you may have been thinking (or you're about to think of) but didn't ask yet. [​IMG]

Bear in mind, the thread this came from had questions about different waxes, as well...

-------------------

Beeswax, and the paraffin, candle, and other waxes you may find around your house are entirely different substances, with entirely different compositions. It's unhealthy just to sit in a room with poor circulation with a candle burning for too long, their waxes are not meant to light your bowls.
    Most 'waxes' you'll find in candles, even without treatment or scents, in their purest forms, have been connected with lipid or lipoid pneumonia, lung scarring, and permanently reduced lung function and even cancers upon exposure or inhalation, while beeswax in the same scenarios, has been found to cause none of the above, only irritation has been noted when over-exposed.

And unless your hemp cord is organic, from a reputable company or a trusted local source, and hasn't been bleached, you shouldn't be burning and inhaling it.. you'd unfortunately probably be healthier with a lighter, than all the hemp rope you can find in Wal-Mart and most craft stores.

Between inferior wax, and inferior and mistreated hemp, it's why some brands of 'hemp wick' don't taste quite as nice as the originals... the company 'Beeline' actually accepts returns for all major knock-off varieties, and will replace their competitors products for you free of charge!

Hemp rope is not a food item, legally the manufacturer and distributors are not required to disclose on the package, or in some cases even share at request, what chemical treatments they use while stripping and processing the plant matter... some people who smoke cannabis heavily and can tolerate local hemps, are allergic to and suffer irritation from MANY store-bought hemp twines/ropes for this reason. You also need to keep in mind this hemp has not been stored in food-safe containers, or food grade conditions, meaning it's picked up additional contaminants, even besides those used for processing, along the way.
    Topical and oral toxicity, and the potential for harm is much lower with simple contact, than with inhalation.

If you can't afford $18 for 200 feet of the real-deal, why not find some organic comb honey, enjoy the honey, save your comb, and set aside a few nice stems (water-wash them with RO water, first!) to make your own? [​IMG]
    We used to make our own all the time, although lately I've just been grabbing beeline.. I always run out before I have a chance to make more, and I don't resort to lighters, and I prefer wick to my glass wands and solderers.

[​IMG]

A good net-friend sent me my last ball... I always grab the 'thick wick' when I can; it's only a dollar more than their original, and it can be split. Then you suddenly have a 400 foot ball, or twice the amount for the price of one! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

PS- Besides replacing inferior wick you bought from other vendors, Beeline will also send anyone who writes them a free sample, just go to their website, then write and ask. :hello: