Using generators to grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Trixus1, Aug 6, 2008.

1. I think before you jump on the loud bandwagon, take this into consideration most nice 200 watt generators are generally around 60db, That can easily be reduced many ways, either build a wether proof box with sound dampening and vents, as long as there is somehere for new air and the exhaust there is no problem for that. Or stick it inside a closet close to a vent and tap into it, boom no exhaust problems, make the clsoet sound proof with the egg carton looking stuff, insulation and styrofoam. Then it wont be heard, and you wont worry bout energy.

Were growers, we can make it stealth, and Y take the chance with a electric company, just because you pay your ridiculous bill for a smaller house, doesn't meen there not required to report anything like that.

4-3 gallons is ridiculous, Ive been reading all night about 2-3000 Watt generators and as far as I can tell theyll run for a average of 5-7 hours at half capacity, and hold 1 gallon. So 2 gallons x 30 = 60
    60x4= 240

So if it is sound proof you pay 200 more a month, But you do get the security of not dealing wiht the Electric Co.

I guess it's up to you, take a chance or pay more.

2. we just changed over all of our house lights to CFL's and we noticed a drop of about $35 on our total electric bill. So flipping on the 1000 watt will bring us back to our old bill.. meaning, no one will even care about our increase.

but a generator is always key. If your power goes out you need something to keep the light cycle on your plants

3. Not only that about the power going out, they can be very stelath, way more than using your electric bill, Im going to use a generator even if it does cost 140 a month to run, the only reason is I have a landlord hes close, but doesnt want his electricity used for that kind of thing, so solar wind or a generator are my alternatives.

Besides if your growing enough to use a 2500 watt generator you should be yielding back enough to say fuck it to that 140 and the cost of the generator.

4. #24 Duckhead, Sep 11, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2008

If the landlord is that close possibly it would be wiser to invest your money into finding a location that gives you the necessary privacy needed to grow.

My guess is that is the landlord is as close as you say then it would just be a matter of time until he discovered your generator. Even with good stealth close neighbors will likely know what your up to.

Unfortunately not every location works as a grow op. We looked at dozens of homes before finding one with the proper combination of: security, updated electric, and privacy. I wouldn't even consider growing in most of my past addresses.

• Like Like x 1
  5. You realize this is around 9 years old . . . ?