Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Using eye drops with contacts

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by KlineO, Oct 26, 2015.

1. #1 KlineO, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2015
    I just got contacts and my doctor said to only use optive refresh eye drops that she gave me. They only work for dry eye and she said not to use visine (which I've used for years before contacts), because they can cause damage. My question is what eye drops can I use with my contacts IN to reduce redness so I don't look stoned and not damage anything.

2. You have to use ones that are safe for contacts...if they are, it'll say so on the label...if they're not "contact safe" you can damage not only your lenses, but also your eyes, as the drops will not dissipate the same, and your eyes do not get the same level of oxygen with contacts in as they do without them...be smart...

I can't really recommend anything specific, as, here in Canada, many such products are classified differently, and I, personally, don't use eye drops...Visine does make some contact safe eye drops though, but they're not for getting red out, they're re-wetting drops...

Hit up your local pharmacy and start reading labels...

3. ^ this may be true, and certain brands of eye drops may cause damage to your eyes/contacts. However I wear contacts too and I find that visine and clear eyes are two brands that I have had no problem with while wearing contacts. Whether I put them in before or after I smoke they always keep my eyes looking white

4. #4 Ganja ☤, Oct 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2015
    I just take my contacts out, use the eye drops (Rohtos), then put my contacts back in. Although I usually leave my contacts out and wear my glasses cuz my contacts dry out no matter what while I'm high.

5. Basically what ignorantfool^^^ said was spot on. I'm an licensed optician and I deal with stuff like this all day long lol. Only use drops with your contacts in that say safe to use with contacts, which basically limits you to use rewetting drops only. But you can use drops for red eye that aren't safe for contacts. Just take your contacts out, use drops, wait 5-10 minutes, then put your contacts back in.