Using e-cigarretes to quit smoking

Discussion in 'E-Cigarettes' started by vebg, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Has anyone tried quitting smoking with the help of e-cigs?

2. I quit smoking using patch and vape. I found the patch to be more effective for weaning myself off nicotine addiction, but neither patch nor e-cigs really addressed the most crucial part of quitting for me , which was "breaking the habit." I was astounded to discover how many discrete triggers there were that made me want to smoke! Here's a very short list -- going to the doctor. Going to the airport. after a meal. after waking. before going to sleep. when taking a dump. when angry. when stressed. when tired. when cold. when bored. Getting on the freeway. getting off the freeway. seeing a cop. seeing an accident. hearing the traffic report. getting in the left lane on the freeway. getting stuck in traffic... that's a short sample.

For me, nicotine addiction was the easiest part of smoking to get over. It was breaking the damn smoking habit that proved so tough! But if you find yourself in similar straits, remember you have a useful weapon in your arsenal: the knowledge that you really don't want to use nicotine any more, at all, ever. That's useful because when you get the urge you already know it for b.s. so you're better prepared to push back against it.

My $.02

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Yes, I have used e-cigarettes. It is a very good alternative way of smoking. It gives the same feeling as smoking but is not dangerous for health as smoking. I have stopped my smoking completely with the help of e-cig. You can also try it to stop your smoking.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I just quit using juul

5. I do have an e-cigarette, but it really is hard to quit smoking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. You may find this to be interesting if you are trying to quit tobacco! “Cannabidiol reduces cigarette consumption in tobacco smokers: Preliminary findings” http://cannabisclinicians.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/CBDcigarettes.pdf

“24 smokers were randomised to receive an inhaler of CBD (n=12) or placebo (n=12) for one week, they were instructed to use the inhaler when they felt the urge to smoke. Over the treatment week, placebo treated smokers showed no differences in number of cigarettes smoked. In contrast, those treated with CBD significantly reduced the number of cigarettes smoked by ~40% during treatment. Results also indicated some maintenance of this effect at follow-up. These preliminary data, combined with the strong preclinical rationale for use of this compound, suggest CBD to be a potential treatment for nicotine addiction that warrants further exploration.“

Don't you wonder what would have happened if the study went on for more than just 7 days? Was CBD just working too well, so they ended the study ASAP? :confused_2:

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Yes I do but it is hard for me. The positive health effects of quitting smoking begin 20 minutes after your last cigarette.

8. nothing can replace cigs,if you enjoy smoking,you will never quit,patchs e cigs gum ,none that stuff works,i smoked for 30 yrs,tried so many times cant even say how many,when my son was about to graduate high school,me and the wife said as much as we pay for these damn cigs every month we could make a new truck payment for him to get started in life,so we did,threw the cigs out the window and for 10 yrs never even bothered me when folks smoke around me or any that,thing is ,it is in your mind and the mind can be manipulated with cigs just as much as for pain,if your spouse,parent,employer or whom ever wants you to quit and peer pressure is there,you will just sneek around,you have to make your own mind up and commit,thats all there is too it,there are so many so called vids,comodities,gimmicks and all that even doctor prescribing drugs ,none works if you enjoy smoking,just saying only way to quit is just quit and commit,if you take my advise you will see,not even standing in a crowd with homies smoking wont bother you a bit,because you commited and stand true to your belife

9. i use mine much much more for THC carts.. but i never really had the cig habit... i liked clove cigs more but never hooked in a chronic way.. the E-cig i've had for years is greenSmartLiving very cheap, very good but.. some THC carts require a more powerful battery...

10. I don't smoke cigarettes but I use a juul. Going without it isn't really a big deal, I don't use it all the time. I feel like it's a different mindset to use one then smoking cigarettes since you can just take a hit or two and get less nicotine compared to lighting up a smoke and then being kind of committed to finishing it or at least taking a bunch of hits off it.

Because of that I feel like it can be a good tool for someone who smokes who's looking to ween off.

11. you are still using Nicotine

I got a script from the doc and used Zyban,

big in Europe and easy as to stop nicotine addiction

you just forget to smoke ...lol

good luck

Grasscity Deals Near You