Using crushed hydroton to add aeration to my FF oceans?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Oldschool OG Kushman, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Has anybody tried this. Im using fox farms ocean forest which has perlite but would like to add some more aeration to the soil. Should I use the hydroton and add to soil as is or crush it then add to soil to make it more like perlite chunks? I have sphagnum peat moss but I really don't like it should I even bother adding the peat moss to FF oceans soil? Also any inexpensive soil aeration suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Im in the southeast and pine bark fines 1/4 or less size it slowly breaks down and cheap , lava rock is good Both available in most landscape supplys even Wally world LOL

• Like Like x 1
  3. I have regular size bark mulch(the 3-5 inch pieces) of wood. Maybe ill ground this up into smaller pieces and add to soil.

4. If you need a small amount you can run over it with your lawn mower , just be careful LOL

5. Going to go out on a limb here - throw that Fox Farm soil in the flower beds and build yourself a basic organic soil mix.

You won't look back...

J

• Like Like x 2