Using compost from outside!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BtBR, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Hey everyone, I'm sure this has been covered before, so if anyone has a link to a thread where this is already covered please post it, but I couldn't find it after a little searching so here we go.

I'm thinking of using some organic compost, and maybe mixing it with some cheap garden soil from Home Depot (Earthgro garden soil), that's been composting outside (it's part of a compost system, so if I take it from the bottom, I know it's been out there for over a year).

What do I need to do to ensure I don't bring in any pests?

This is one of my girls. G13xHaze, a little over a month old, LSTd. About to transplant all my plants to 5 gallon buckets. They're in 2liter bottles with brown paper coverings right now. Grown from seed in MG Organic cut with vermiculite and garden lime.

Attached Files:

2. Unfortunately I don't compost and don't have any particular insights on your question. Though this would seem to be a question relevant for all kinds of horticulture, so have you tried a general google search or looking at general gardening websites? For example, I just googled "compost pest" and got all kinds of hits that look like they could be informative.

3. I did a little searching but wasn't successful. I'll hit it back up and post what I find.

Thanks for taking a minute to check it out.

4. compost from outside? well i wouldn't use compost from inside lol. just stick it in some good potting soil, compost has too many foreign substances