Using CFL's

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Clique, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Im just trying to get a little more info and stuff to help me out with growing. I have 2 23-Watt flourescent light bulbs im trying to grow one plant for now. In about a week ill be getting this (http://www.lowes.com/pd_371820-3213...uctId=3612026&Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1) then ill move up and split my growing area to grow more. Will I be okay, with this and is that light I linked you guys to good?

Links: http://www.lowes.com/pd_371820-3213...uctId=3612026&Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1

2. Honestly you don't need a light 2ft long. You need to get those pretty close to the plant and unless ur plant is 2ft wide that light is gonna be wasted. I would get a 24 or 36 inch

3. I was using cfls and just switched to a 600w digi hps, i got 6.8 ounces from my last grow , which was blue cheese, but anyhow just wanted to try to run with the big dogs now lol, i just wander now what my power bill will be, you are gonna need alot mroe light if you want to get more than a quarter bag. I had 8 4ft shop lights with 2 t8 blbs in each and also 8 of the coil cfls hanging down from the top of the closet.

4. yeah 8i had like 8 of these and could have used more. Still had lots of tiny buds at bottom but i did well, you are gonna need more light than that, unless you plan to lay the plant directly between two of these like a sandwhich, lliteraly. Cfls will do the job but you gotta have them really close , some get hot some dont.

5. #5 Just_X, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
    2 foot = 24 in. :confused_2:

Cflz work good for starting out Clique. The general rule is to use about 100 actual watts/plant.
    I had about 400w of cflz goin and it worked pretty damn good. You would be better off to add some y-connectors to your sockets. Do some searching on here and you will see what I mean. peace

6. Lol wow I had a few beers when I wrote that obviously I can't do simple math lol

7. Thanks for all of you guys help.

I would like to ask a couple of questions if that is Ok.

I have a lighting budget of 40-60 Dollars what are some recommendations off of that.

I was thinking about buying this

Shop SYLVANIA 400-Watt BT37 Mogul Base Outdoor High-Pressure Sodium HID Light Bulb at Lowes.com

Shop Project Source 660-Watt Ivory Medium Light Socket Adapter at Lowes.com

Will this be right?

Also I will have pictures of the setup most likely tonight I just have to do Some finishing touches mainly the Mylar I gotta go hunt some of it down.

8. Hope you read what I said about switching to a 400-Watt HPS Light.

I believe I should have my lighting fixed

9. Hahaha , understand now ST :smoking:

10. You will need a ballast also clique. Got mine here;
    Grow Lights by High Tech Garden Supply | Your Online Hydroponics Store

11. #11 Clique, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2012
  12. Sure will Clique, if they have them.