Using both CHEM and Organic Nutrients(at differnt times, not combined)

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by proteus patient, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Im rather new to organics, i've been helping a friend with his legal closet grow, I had been using organic fertilizers like DR Earth's BAt Guano, Neptunes Harvest & Fish SEaweed Fert,Espoma BIoTOne STarterPlus with Mychroiazze(Sp), and Tarantula(a mix of beneficials Fungai and bacteria, Endo and Exto Myco) but recently left the area for a couple weeks, in my absence, he started using his chemical Hyrdro Fertilizer called ProBio Grow 4-0-3. Would this kill off the MicroHerd? Will it neautrilize the benefits of the organic regimen? If i go back to using my organics ; will it all be okay? or is the damage done to the beneficial Microbes? and the root colonies.
    Thanks, any input on the matter will help me out greatly, Im sortof stuck right now not knowing what to continue with.:confused:
    THanks again
    Peace
    ProTeuS

2. #2 wongsuxx, Nov 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2010
    From teaming with microbes page 26:

"Chemical fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides, and fungicides affect the soil food web, toxic to some members, warding off others, and changing the environment. "

Yes your beneficial bacteria population has gone down significantly so you will need to rebuild your soils diversity. I'd flush a lil bit too before starting back to a regular regiment to get those harmful salts out of the soil. Also i noticed you innoculated mycorrhizae, unfortunately those synthetic chemicals probably did some damage to them in your rhizosphere. Im not sure how effective a rinse with some granular mycorrhizae belnd will be very effective at this point but it wouldn't hurt to try.

3. Totally second this... I'd do a mycorrhizae rinse... or just handfuls of compost in a bubble bucket with a small teaspoon of molasses or rice flour or another carb for the micro's to grow on, for some tea and run lots of it into the soil.