Using Aquarium Water?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by sekret pker, Feb 8, 2009.

1. So, im going to start an outdoor grow this year, and i was wondering if it would be good to use old aquarium water to water them from time to time? One ever 1 or 2 weeks, after i clean my aquarium i have about 5 gallons of dirty aquarium water, which im sure is full of nutrients. Should i water my plants sometimes with this water? should i give a little bit to each plant? or alot to only a couple of them (ill only have about 5 gallons a week so i obviously cant water all my plants with alot of it). Also, how often should i water them with it?​

2. One thing I know to watch out for doing this outdoors. If you have critters in the area such as raccoons, possums, or maybe skunks or even cats. The fish smell can attract them. One of my buddies was using aquarium water I provided him this summer and something literally dug up the plants. They even removed the dirt out of the hole and 8 of 10 plants were gone. The other 2 laid there on the ground.

3. If you have high nutrient levels it would be great,but you have to watch out for the fish smell as the previous post pointed out.