Using an ultrasonic cleaning unit on glass....

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Doctor-Funky-Ent, Sep 25, 2015.

1. #1 Doctor-Funky-Ent, Sep 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2015
    Has anyone had any real experience using one of these units for cleaning glass bowls, gauzes etc?

Saw a guy on youtube using one for this purpose AND using ISO in the water too...wasn't sure if that was safe also. Let me know!

2. Here is a newsflash.....Buy Bong cleaner

amazon 2 pack of 16 Oz bottles go for $13.99 DELIVERED (Prime). Cheaper than ISO because you only need an OZ or so to do the job (44 cents worth).

Get the right tool for the job, get it done faster and cleaner. took me 10 minutes for the main piece shaking it twice to get the beads to clean everywhere and literally 2 minutes to do the stem. You need very little, just enough to wet the entire inside very well, about an ounce. Use the fluid from the bong to clean everything else.

NO smell other than a faint smell of orange that fades quickly. the coloration on the bowl is from some colorant that is being burned. Otherwise the piece is clean enough to put back on the shelf to sell.

Stop overthinking this stuff guys.

Attached Files:

3. Look here man, there's lots of thing you haven't taken into account, like for example ;
    Alcohol residue (nasty smoke)
    Having to purchase it regularly
    Time it takes to handle and clean
    You buy a sonic cleaner, you bang it in there, set time and come back hey presto..one off cost for the unit itself, after that all good. No more alcohol, cleaner.
    I have used iso for ages now and it's a Ballachulish. Thats auto for ballache - lol!
    But yeh iso.... Nah. Maybe for a deep clean once in a while, but banging all the bowls and sieves seamines into a water basket and hit go, is waaaaay more convenient and cheaper.

4. #4 wafdof, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2015
    Waste of money. Iso sucks for a cleaner. I totally get why you think you need to do a better cleaning. ISO sucks. Do it right in the first place and you will find that Ultrasonic is not necessary at all.

Bong cleaner (you know. Stuff made specifically to clean like bongs and stuff). Does a better job (Look above) is cheaper and leaves no residue. I cleaned my piece in less than 15 minutes with less than 2 minutes interaction. I had my cleaner deliver for free to my door. $13.99 Total for 32 oz of cleaner. Enough to last about 6-9 months. I only use about an ounce and it cleans perfectly.

Why make it more complicated than it needs to be??? It took way more time for me to post the pictures than it did to do the entire cleaning process.

The cost ($0.44) and time (2 minutes effort) but that's too much. Priceless.

5. I want to hear from someone who has actually used or tried using ultrasonic cleaning in the past or currently.

I don't want to know how 'bong cleaners' compare/work to other methods, because this is how I clean my bongs and bits already.

Thanks.

6. I'm not even sure what an ultrasonic cleaner is. Hopefully someone who does can answer your question.

ISO doesn't suck though lol. A few shakes, a quick rinse and she's good as new. Only way it might not work is if it's <90% strength.