Using advanced nutrients w/ FFOF soil?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Kwinters, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Has/does anybody used AN grow/micro/bloom w/ FFOF? I would love some input on when and how much people are using. I'm thinking start feeding at about 1/4 recommended dose about a month into flowering and build up to full dose by the last couple weeks, then flush. Does that sound about right? What about sensizym?, and big bud powder?

2. I am interested in knowing this as well. I wanted to use this soil and also these nutrients. If I can't use AN.... what else is recommended for soil?

3. i will be starting 11/1 (3rd week) ffof with the fox farms trio i believe its grow big, big bloom, and tiger bloom

4. there is an additive for that, its another 2 or 3 bottles. i think its called cha ching.

Does anyone ever seen a comparison between the AN line and FF?

5. I have used both fox farm trio pack and AN but I use the 2 part sensi grow and bloom , B52, and overdrive for the last couple weeks of flowering. I would recommend the AN line but that's just my personal preference

6. The reason i have yet to pull the trigger and switch from Fox Farms Nutes in my ffof soil to Advanced Nutrients line is because i do not understand what all these different nutes are and they do not tell you what is in most of them...I know people on this forum and a few others are seeing great results switching from General Hydroponics/Fox Farms to Advanced but i just can buy something with so many variables i don't understand.

they have like 3 different bloom enhancers/boosters i cant even tell which is which and definitely do not trust my hydro salesman lol

thanks for starting this thread i was weighing my options with Advanced Nutrients as well but i am probably just buying into all the marketing :D

7. i have heard people rave about House and Garden soil line.

8. does ff help enough to spend the 100-150 $ for all 6 bottles? the 3 liquid tiger bloom, big bloom, grow big, and cha ching , biestie bloomz , .... not sure other one

9. Fox Farm:

Big Bloom- gen. Nutes

GrowBig- veg nute

Tiger Bloom- flower nute

Open Sesame- initiates bud formation

Beastie Bloomz- Develops buds and gets em to fill in

Cha-Ching- gets em frosty

I've used the trio, and now I use all 6. I'm happy. Solid buds, but not the massive 20oz bottle size tho. Maybe more the grower than the nutes, but I've notice a change since adding the other 3. AN has gotten to alot of people, alot are happy but people hate the prices. I say, if it's personal you don't need the expensive stuff. If it's production then yeah go all out

10. How do you translate the AN schedule into soil? The calculator they have on their website only shows how many ML needed per week per 100L tank. Do I just use the same amount of nutrients and just place it into the bucket of water before pouring the water into the plant?