Using actual colored bulbs?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jrob420, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Ive been looking up the best color temperature of lights to use for my little grow set up and all have told me that the higher color temperature emits a blue-ish hue in the light which is similar to morning sunlight.
    While at my home depot i noticed just colored blue lights that are for like parties and stuff or whatever i was wondering is this a completely diferent sort of light to the plant or would this work even better?
    Just a curious question i doubt it but im picking up on lights today and experimenting is always fun aha any help i can get as soon as possible would be appreciated as im buying my lights today
    Any suggestions on lights i should use?
    Im not going all out and gonna get a whoel set up with a balast and what not just gonna try to keep it simple pick up on some regular light bulbs that match what ive been looking up

I know some will say i should look up information before i post and i did this was mainly just a question about the colored light bulbs,particularly the blue ones.
    So lets all keep it easy
    Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you

2. What size grow

and to answer your question

no don't use party lights that color coating eats up the light emitted

3. Oh yeah guess i forgot to say that huh aha sorry
    Its just a little closet grow set up i dont know the exact specifications size wise
    It's either some master or some mr. nice guy i know that much

4. and thank you for answering my question