Using a spice garden as a cover scent

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dios777, Oct 7, 2012.

1. looking at doing my first grow, prob 1-2 plants in a storage closet, i was thinking about growing a few spices like rosemary, mint, lemongrass, etc, in the closet with the cannabis, i figure the smells from the different spices would intermingle and make the cannabis scent hard to pick out, would this work?

2. I have the same idea. Just not in my grow room but around the house

3. Definitely do it. Anyone who doesn't plant spices around their house is crazy in my eyes. First thing I did when I tried to grow weed was get some planters with herbs and vegetables (like a tomato plant).

4. It's a great idea to plant aromatic herbs around your house or in your grow area. Unfortunately, however, they are definitely not going to mask the scent of the cannabis. Go stand next a big rosemary bush. You'll smell the rosemary, but if you move 10 feet away you'll only smell a faint odor. Stand 10 feet away from a ganja plant and the smell will bowl you over. Aromatic herbs work well as part of a total odor control system, but they aren't going to work as your primary line of defense. You're going to need a carbon filter my friend.