Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Using a sitout method

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Uncle fudge, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Hey guys I just need some clarification about something. So i've done the sitout method once with my avb by taking an ounce, grinding it into a powder, and leaving it in 1/2 cup of vegetable oil for a week. Then I simmered it on low heat for about 2 hours. I didn't bother with the hassle of straining. The result was 14 killer brownies that had you on the moon. I was thinking about adding a extra quarter oz of decarbed fresh herb with the oz of avb to give me even better results, but I wanted to leave the bud with the oil for over a week this time, perhaps a month since the fresh bud is not activated yet. Would that promote rancidity of the oil or should i just go with a week of sit out and then a 2 hour simmer again? Thanks for any input guys I appreciate it.

2. I think you're good as long as water doesn't get in the oil. That'll make it rancid