Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Using a rolling machine

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by RobbieS, Dec 6, 2011.

1. I have been smoking for about 3 years now, I have always hand rolled or used pieces to get high. Recently I started trying to use a rolling machine, a Raw one to be precise.

So far it seems alright, but I have two questions;

Firstly is there a way to roll cone shape spliffs with them, or are they always going to be straights?

My second questions is, when spinning it, usually quite alot of THC dust and finely ground bits seem to get rolled out and wasted, is this a common thing or am I just doing it wrong/the Raw ones are shit?

2. I noticed that "raw" machine isn't as good as the "Zig-Zag" one, I've used them in all sizes and recommend "ZZ".

I can roll a perfect cone using the manual "hand" technique , so I dont thing the machine can handle a cone roll

3. Dust is normal. I usually make my cylinder in the roller, then tap it on the surface and pile it up and either throw it back on top, or back in the grinder/kief box. I dont think you can make a cone.

4. My friend once made a cone from a machine, it was the way he put the paper but he's left handed so it confused me, and now i forgot. but it is possible!

5. Yeah my lil bro has a raw machine and in my opinion it sucks! My zig zag machines are pretty dope though.. ive never had an issue with em when i do use em..

6. Machines lol. Waste of money, you really can't smoke that many joints that your that lazy to roll a joint.

7. Never used a machine personally. But it sounds like you may just want to try a few different types before settling.

8. fuck rolling machines

9. The thread is called "Using a rolling machine," why did you click on it if you're already biased against rolling machines. Pick your troll threads better

10. Cheers for responses guys. I've only started using it recently becasue i hate rolling with freezing hands, so just keep it in my bag with me for outside rolling.

11. I guess you can try making a cone by leaving the one end unlocked, never tried it though.

12. Ion kno bout making cones wit tha machine, but RAW sells pre-rolled cones

13. Rolling machines are fairly cheap, so it's not really a waste. Me personally i don't use them because i love rolling myself to much, but they get the job done.

14. Put the paper in at an angle. I'm guessing that would roll it like a cone? Maybe I'm retarded. Someone tell me if I'm making sense. I really honestly have no idea.

I'm saying put the paper in the roller at an angle like this. \

15. smoke a blunt instead, be a boss.

16. Fat RAW > Fat Blunt imho:smoke::smoke:

17. [quote name='"Fuck dis shit"']Fat RAW > Fat Blunt imho:smoke::smoke:[/quote]

All Day, Everyday

18. If you want to roll a cone, I suggest using 'The Technique' to roll the joint.
    Very easy, even with cold hands.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl_Xf8-DROE]The Technique - a perfect joint every time - how to roll a joint - YouTube[/ame]

As for people hating on machines, meh, get off your high horses, bitch less, smoke more...

19. Pretty sure you can cone with a machine if you put the paper in at a slight angle, starting with the side opposite of the crutch/roach/filter.
    As for what I think of rolling machine? Depends. They make less of a mess, they are fast and consistant, can be done when it's cold, in the car, in a movie theater, or just for people who CAN'T roll by hand.
    Also, papers are better IMO. Just buy king size and roll .7 or G size one's. If "that isn't enough weed", roll more of them or take a tolerance break. They're less expensive too.