Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Using a mason jar in the oven.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Klauck, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Can ya do it? I wanna make oil.

2. I wouldn't use any glass that wasn't tempered.

3. #3 Klauck, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2012
    I have read one thing that says ya can. Did not mention any temps tho. Anyone have any exp with this? I have used one inboiling water so im sure it can work. Just dont wanna waste some bud.
    Thanks

*EDIT* I just read that you can bake in the jars at 325. So 220 will not be a problemim guessing. They are mason canning jars. Anyone with exp please post!

4. #4 Klauck, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2012
    So far so good:)
    Ok so I did for 45 mins then let it cool for 10-15 took it out shook for 10-15 mins put back in for preheat to 220 and then I cooked it for another 45 mins and let it sit for another 10-15 in the oven, I then took it out and shook it for maybe 10 mins, opened and kinda stirred with a knife. I put in fridge to cool down and then put in the freezer.
    Do you think a third heating would be overkill? If I undercooked it would letting it sit get all the thc that didnt get absorbed?
    Also what color should the oil be? I have never had oil that looked like badkittys. Mine is a bit green and smells like the coco oil and weed. Does the colour reallly matter? The weed looks really dark tho Since the oil is not so dark should I cook a third time?

5. anybody got some info? I have the weed still in it on ny shelf. i think its hard still. I wanna eat it but wabt to cook again if its undercooked. Heres a pic. Sry bout quality ipod pics. The middle pic the coco oil is flipped over and the darkness ia the weed. Any insight would really be appreciated. thanks for reading :) :smoking:

Attached Files:

6. When your oil is at its peak of processing, Your oil should be a brown/green color like bad kat's.

7. Using a mason jar in the oven is like using a hollow glass dildo in your ass.

Sure it might not break, but do you really want to risk it?

8. Well if you want to look at it in that light, then I would just have to say no to the whole thing!