Using a Heat Gun as an alternative method to vaporizing!

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by CrassGrass, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Hello blades. As many of you know, the state of one's lungs can be very important to an individual. If someone likes marijuana but not the harshness of the smoke, they can vaporize. Normally, vaporizers are at least 150 dollars :( BUT! You (yes, you!) can have your own vaporization method at home for around 30 dollars!
    [​IMG]
    A heat gun is an electrical appliance you can plug into any three-pronged outlet that heats up to anywhere from 350 Fahrenheit to over 1000 Fahrenheit! :eek: The best vaporizer temperature for marijuana/thc vaporization is approximately 365 Fahrenheit (source). However if you vaporized with the heat gun at 365 you would vaporize it very slowly and have to keep the heat gun on for a longer period of time than is practical. That being said, I've found that different temperatures work for different people so it's all a matter of preference :smoke:

This method of vaporizing unfortunately only works with some sort of water piece like a bong or a decently-sized bubbler :( I will post a demonstration video sometime soon!

CAUTION!: YOU WILL BURN THE SHIT OUT OF YOURSELF IF YOU LET THE HEAT GUN BLOW ON YOU OR IF YOU TOUCH THE METAL END! IT REALLY FUCKING HURTS, SO BE CAREFUL!

tl;dr - Using a heat gun at high temperatures can be hazardous if you don't know how to properly handle the heat gun but is a great cheap alternative to going out and buying an expensive vaporizer.

2. Have you tried it?

3. I have one. It works alright. For price it aint bad. I ghetto rigged a bag for it.

4. Haha nevermind i didnt catch the last part.. Too damn high.

5. That method works well but make sure you have a ceramic tipped heat gun as the metal "may" produce toxins, personally mines metal and seems safe enough :p.

6. I doubt the metal would produce any toxins in the first place. It takes quite a bit of heat/time (more than it takes for you to vaporize a bowl) for that to happen ^-^

7. [quote name='"CrassGrass"']

I doubt the metal would produce any toxins in the first place. It takes quite a bit of heat/time (more than it takes for you to vaporize a bowl) for that to happen ^-^[/quote]

Yes that's true, but so does plastic, that's why people try to avoid it, its not a your gonna get sick Omg Omg lol, its just like a know the possibilities, like I said I have a metal heat gun too so I guess I shouldn't be talking ;). :bongin:

8. Haha I get it man ;) happy toking! Vido coming soon *-*