Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Using a glue gun to heat.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by sirsmoke, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Today I found out that burning MJ, was causing me to lose a lot of THC in every hit.
    So I found my old glue gun that heats up to around 320F and was wondering would it be safe to use it to light my weed.

Smoke in peace.

2. #2 Ganja ☤, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2013
    Try it and let us know..

3. If I where to buy another one, that gets hotter would it work then?

Smoke in peace.

4. #4 Ganja ☤, Sep 25, 2013
    Those temperatures i listed aren't 100% accurate I'm sorry. The range I gave you was for ideal vaporizing temperatures. Some people have reported lower temperatures working, but it may take longer for vaporization to take place, like I said, try it and let us know..

Most people will say between 355-385. But I have heard of it vaporizing as low as 325..

5. I'd be more worried about the metal being used and possible impurities in that could be toxic to ones health.

Much like regular soldering irons aren't safe to use while ceramic heating elements are relatively safe.

6. #6 Ganja ☤, Sep 25, 2013
    This is true.. there may be a way to extract the heating element from the glue gun. Thus being able to rig up a home made vape with the heating element. Doing this would be tedious though, and you would probably need a higher heat glue gun to do so. I don't know too much about glue guns though, so I'm just throwing out ideas really..

If you decide to take on the project, you should do a write up of a step by step on how you made it..

If you decide you don't feel like putting that much effort into it, you should just go ahead and buy a vaporizer and call it a day.

7. I'm with DSC on this one.
    If you can find out what that glue gun is made from it could be safe.

I'd also advice using an unused glue gun if possible...

8. Holy shit, this thread has inspired me.

I have a hotfix tool used for setting rhinestones with adhesive backs, but it gets entirely too hot -- fucker burns through anything synthetic. But perhaps I could turn it into a tabletop vape...

9. My attempt did not work out the was that I in visioned it, but I think it was that the gun didn't get hot enough.
    Try it with that sounds like a fun experiment.

Smoke in peace.

10. If I where to buy another one, that gets hotter would it work then?

[​IMG]

11. Maybe. Like I said to the other guy, try it out and let us know.