Using a firework punk to light the weed?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by 420smoke420, Jun 16, 2011.

1. A friend of mine brought over some firework punks wondering if they might be something to use similar to beeline. We just don't know what the punk's are made of and if they'd be worse than using a lighter instead of better. Anybody know anything that would help?

2. What the hell is a "firework punk"? Are you talking about a fuse?

3. #3 SourDeezel420, Jun 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2011
    Wow, you from New England? I haven't heard the term "punk" in that context since I was young in Rhode Island. A punk looks similar to an incense stick and are commonly (or once were) used to light firecrackers, etc. I'm sure it's fine to light a joint with...might be a little akward though.
    [​IMG]
    punk by SourDeezel420, on Flickr

4. based on the smell alone I would say they probably wont be very good to inhale. I would just stick to hempwick or a lighter. If you want to try it though I guess go for it.

5. Ah, well that makes more sense. But I don't know dude, I'd just use a lighter.

6. Use a sparkler.

But really...use a lighter or some hempwick just be wary of what you inhale.

7. damn i haven't heard anyone say firework punk in a longggg time myself. From vermont :wave:.

And as other people have said I'd say hell no. The ones I used to use had a pretty strong smell and pretty big flames so I'd stay away

8. I learned to call them punks when I visited New England as a kid. I think they were called that in New Jersey too. Nowadays, you can buy them on Amazon as "Unscented Incense Sticks." (Try saying THAT three times fast.) When you buy fireworks legally, the seller might even give you a bunch for free.

I think they should be pretty damn safe because they are made from bamboo and sawdust. Surely that is less toxic than the butane from a lighter!