Using a fan speed limiter on Mars 1200 LED to reduce the wattage HELP?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by StingYang, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Hey all, I have 2 plants outside that are being moved indoors and wanted to ask for help. I already own a Mars 2 1600watt with red bloom switch etc.................. My question is 1600W is a waste for such a small grow and have been thinking why not use a fan speed reducer ( rheostat controller ) to reduce the wattage down to more like 600 watts, I also have a watt meter that it can plug into?
    So basically I want to reduce AC voltage down to only use 600 watts instead of full 1600 watts.
    Would this work or could it cause a heat problem somewhere down the line?
    SY

2. Your light tops out at 750 watts. I wouldn't dim it at all.

Also, since you're going from outdoor to indoor, I recommend spraying the plants with neem oil or insecticidal soap.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks
    I was asking the question also to know more, I am not sure drivers can be dimmed by conventional means ie: ( voltage drop) I think each driver is designed to push only so much as to work the LEDs and not under or over power them, I am aware that small up and down adjustments on voltage can be made but what about enough to drop the voltage in half . say to 400 watts? My electric is very expensive here.
    I do have plans to spray before hand Thank you