BUG Usernames with non Latin characters not encoded correctly

Discussion in 'New Forum Upgrade Bug Tracker' started by pikku nälkä, Mar 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I haven't posted in ages, but just got a private message about the forum update. I noticed my username, which uses non Latin characters, is incorrectly encoded. So pikku nälkä displays as pikku nälkä.

    I also have to login with pikku nälkä else it won't recognise the username.

    (As a web dev) I've had this issue before. I noticed you are using UTF-8 as your page's charset, but maybe you should check the template you use to fetch and create the username variable/constant.
  2. Your username needs to be updated , please send me a PM with a preferred Username so we can change.
  3. No worries, you can go ahead and delete the account as I'm not really active here anymore. I had a quick look around, but couldn't find a way to delete it myself.
    Stay lucky, folks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page