Useless Fact of the Day (part 2)

Discussion in 'General' started by jacktown, Mar 27, 2012.

1. But Welker......what does a sequoia tree do when the fire is on the inside?:devious:;):smoke:
    [​IMG]
    Sequoia National Forest - USDA Forest Service - News Release

Fact: Maine is the only state that has borders with only one other state. Alaska and Hawaii share borders with none.:smoke:

2. 1. Not sure about this, doesn't seem legit.
    2. This is impossible to test unless you monitor someone every single night for their entire lives, something that is far too costly and would most likely be a one-off. Meaning that you can't extrapolate averages from it. It reminds me of someone saying 'You breathe in 4 litres of farts a day'. How could you possibly test this without HUGE outliers?
    3. This is true, I just thought I'd add that he created a hell of a lot more phrases and if you look up 'The history of English' by Clive Anderson on YouTube you'll get about 50+ more phrases and about 100 words he invented or coined.
    4. Already been said
    5. Granth (the Sheik holy book), Blorange (A town in Wales), Chilver (a ewe lamb) Filver and Hilver. For Purple there's Hurple (a limping run) or Curple (the bit of clothing a horse wears near its tail).

3. I just did :p