Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Used to get really high

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by CharlieRambo, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Okay so I started smoking this past summer, and my first time I didn't feel anything. Then the next 5 or so times I was out of my mind high. And after that every time I smoke I just don't feel high. I'm smoking the same way, but I'm just not feeling it anymore. I doubt my tolerance went up because I've only smoked maybe 15 times in about 3 months. I'm just wondering why I'm not feeling the effects anymore.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Everyone reacts to different things different ways. It all depends on your individual brain chemistry. There really is no cut and dry answer.

3. You need to smoke some good weed my friend.If not there's hash,if that still doesen't do it there's oil.You get my point.Bullshit you randomly stopped getting high like that.

4. i feel you.  didn't get high first time smoking.  first time getting high, i was laughing at everything like i couldn't control it.  next couple of highs i would get ripped and sometimes get dizzy.  now i just get high, as if the high has been tamed.  i've taken breaks for as long as 2 or 3 months, but i never get as high as my first time anymore.

5. I started on dank because my friend who introduced me to weed will ONLY smoke good stuff. I still am smoking the same dank weed, still taking just as big hits, same everything. But still I'm not getting high anymore. Closest thing to high I feel is staying quiet, but I'm still aware I'm not high.

6. Mabye you just build tolerance fast. When I first started it was the best feeling in the world, but after a while it just loses that magic. It took a lot longer than 3 months for that to happen, but this was also like 14 years ago when schwag was all that went around. Dank was few and far between. Mabye since you started with such strong shit, you just sped up the tolerance process.

7. Well that's saddening. I loved the highs I was getting. When I smoke now, my mind feels completely sober. I don't get that tingling body high anymore either. Just last night I smoked 5 blunts between 7 people and didn't really feel anything.

8. Jesus H Christ that's a lot of weed! Try hash. Or edibles, they take a while to kick in, but super strong. If you still don't get anything maybe that's just how you are. Ive know people whove never really gotten anything from it.

9. Don't really know how to get my hands on edibles in Texas. The strangest part of this whole thing is I know I'm not immune to THC or anything like that. I was having intense highs for a while, like I said. It's just strange how I went from super intense highs to nearly nothing so rapidly. One sesh I was sky high, and the next sesh I couldn't feel any effects.

10. make the edibles yourself. its not hard, give it a try!

11. Ask your fiend if he switched from indica to sativa lately. The affects of the two can be quite different sometimes. Also hate to tell you this but most people never get as high as their first time again. It might also be that you're just use to the high feeling so you don't notice it.

I suggest you smoke a little more than normal next time and sit and relax an turn on some good trance music and you should feel it again.

12. [quote name="Xane1213" post="20897927" timestamp="1415509204" Also hate to tell you this but most people never get as high as their first time again.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/quote]

I know it never feels the same as your first time, but I mean, only smoking 15 times and I already can't feel anything? It's just strange to me.

[quote name="Xane1213" post="20897927" timestamp="1415509204"I suggest you smoke a little more than normal next time and sit and relax an turn on some good trance music and you should feel it again.[/quote]

Smoke more than 5 blunts? Because we usually kick back and take 5-6 blunts to the face.

13. #13 Xane1213, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2014
    Blunts? that there may be your problem. Blunts aren't the most effective way to smoke. I never understood why so many people like them personally I don't think they're all that great but thats just me. Try smoking out of a bong you'll be high as can be in no time guarantee, you'll also save weed in the process. If you keep smoking blunts just inhale deep, and try and hold for a couple of seconds not to long though. (I think it telps to hold in the smoke people debate about if its true or not but to be honest holding in smoke make me a bit light headed and that makes me feel a bit high, maybe a placebo effect but hey im cool with it)

14. I think you're telling yourself you're not high, so you arent. mind is everything

15. Hit some really good weed out of a bong, if that doesn't work I don't know what to tell you

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. #16 Bipolar_Crazy_Patrick, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2014
    Pretty much what this dude said. That's why people don't get high their first time, their mind just isn't accepting it. Crazy as it sounds, Other drugs are not allowed!. The human mind more powerful than we realize sometimes.

17. Just take a week break. Same thing happened to me when I started smoking, but I took a week break, and then I felt it.

18. I appreciate all the input guys.

--I don't always smoke blunts. I smoke out of a glass bowl when I'm alone.

--I hold my breath for about 3-5 seconds after every hit.

--I take about a week or longer break between EVERY session.

--I don't know. Maybe it is just me telling myself I'm not high.

19. Either you're not smoking weed ,or you're not inhaling properly.

20. This is the exact answer I can't even bother responding to, because you're wrong in both accounts.