Used smelly guano tea, pull plants?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by statseeker, Apr 16, 2016.

1. I used quite a bit of a smelly compost tea I made with bat guano, molasses and powdered rock dust. After a few days I used it and right after I had poured it in a few pots it started to smell bad. Pretty bad. Should I pull the plants that got the tea or wait it out? Did I just pour bad bacteria into my soil?

2. A bad smell means anaerobic bacteria. Not good. You might wanna read up on making compost teas. A few days sounds like too long for a compost tea to me. 24-48 hrs should be the max for those probably. Were you aerating it?

Not sure what to tell you about the plants. Just watch and see what they do I guess. What kind of soil are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I'm using a mix of Fox Farm Coco Loco, earthworm castings and MJ's Blend potting soil. I'm trying to get as healthy a flower as I can. It went from sweet to gross pretty quick. I shook it before using it. I'll let the soil dry completely a few days and see if the extra air and drying helps.