used inline fan +carbon filter

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by pun650, Jul 5, 2012.

1. bought a used inline fan off a guy locally, 6". he said he used it for the last 2 years continuously

on the side it says a product number, google came up with nothing..

on the side it says 120v 60h 45w 1900r/pm 0.37a

he told me it was 440 cfm, which it obviously isnt.

anywhere to find out the actual cfm? my room isnt even sealed yet, and barely a faint smell, so i dont need it atm, but wanted to help bring temps down.

help?

2. Bumping

Attached Files:

3. It looks like it could be a 440, why are you doubting it?

4. [quote name='"ohspyro89"']It looks like it could be a 440, why are you doubting it?[/quote]

With the filter on it barely made a difference temp wise. Took the filter off...money.

Was just skeptical cuz I got the fan/filter 600w digi ballast with both bulbs and a fan speed controller for 100$

5. #5 BAGZ, Jul 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2012
    Well that ballast looks like a Digital Greenhouse ballast from HTGSupply, so if you got it all together I'm guessing it's the fan/filter combo from HTG aswell. Here's a link. HTG Supply - A GrowBright 6" Inline Fan & Carbon Filter Combo They can also be from eBay, I've seen a few on there that look similar. Either way 99% of the 6" centrifugal fans are rated 400 something cfm.

6. The fan will do better off the filter because it has no resistance. That's one of the cons of using a carbon filter. It's got to push the air through the carbon, which requires some muscle.

I just run a 550 cfm fan hooked up to my carbon filter in my grow room. I don't hook it up to exhaust any air. I use a separate fan to do that.

7. That carbon filter looks grungy. Probably plugged up. 2 years is way too old for a carbon filter, it won't scrub any air and you'll have odor issues.

8. Eh, he said he's had it for 2.5 yrs and replaced the carbon just over a year ago. It still pulls, but just made me question the cfm. My grow room isn't even sealed yet, door open 24/7.

I could prolly clean it out n replace the carbon before smell actually becomes an issue.

Took the filter off for now anyways.

Thx for the replies guys

9. [quote name='"BAGZ"']Well that ballast looks like a Digital Greenhouse ballast from HTGSupply, so if you got it all together I'm guessing it's the fan/filter combo from HTG aswell. Here's a link. HTG Supply - A GrowBright 6" Inline Fan & Carbon Filter Combo They can also be from eBay, I've seen a few on there that look similar. Either way 99% of the 6" centrifugal fans are rated 400 something cfm.[/quote]

The fan in your link is 110w. Mine is 45. See how I would come to the conclusion mine isn't anywhere near 400 cfm?