Used and Broken are two very different things.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by S1L3NC3R, Oct 1, 2011.

1. #1 S1L3NC3R, Oct 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2011
    So here is my story. Last week i decided to put a new stereo in my suv. Its an '01 Mazda Tribute :D.
    I looked online and found someone selling a set of infinity 12" subwoofers with a box and amp for $225. So i went to check em out and ended up buying them. Nothing seemed wrong with them and I'm not new around speakers so i should have noticed this but I didnt somehow.

I took them into the shop where a buddy works and got everything hooked up. 2 hours later were ready to fire it up and check em out. The minute we tuned them on without the amp even being turned up one sub was rattling and buzzing and sounded horrible. They had sold me a broken sub. So here i am at the shop having paid for a wiring kit, a hi-lo converter, and installation charges. (first system in this vehicle so had to start from scratch on a stock head unit). And my buddy just happened to have 2 powerbass subs in stock that he cut me a deal on. So my only option other than taking their shit back and being left with a $200 install and having to buy new subs box and amp, was to just switch the subs. So i did, i got the new subs for $65 each.

I emailed them back and told them it was broken and that I felt it was fair to get $65 back from them for the replacement of only the one sub not both, because they sold me one broken. Through various emails they said basically to suck it up i bought something used, and the other stuff was a good deal (amp, other sub, and box). So i emailed her back and said she was correct i bought something "USED" not "BROKEN" so i was coming to get some of my money back thats only fair that they pay for the one sub. They said in the emails everything was "100% working". Their own words.

They told me they are not giving me any money back, to deal with it, and they are done talking about it, stop sending them emails. :mad:

I'm really angry because they screwed me and i'm 100% sure they knew it was broken and didn't tell me leaving me with a nice suprise when i got them put in. What am I supposed to do here?
    Do i just forget it and enjoy my brand new subs and take the $130 that i wasn't expecting to spend and let it go? I hate when people screw eachother and i have no real options here.

I'll try and put up a pic of the broken sub, the rubber surround is torn away from the cone on almost 25% of the sub.

Sorry for the Long story just really pissed and am out of options.

TLDR: Bought used subs, one was broken. Had to pay for new ones.

Pics wont seem to upload???

2. Stupid assholes, sorry you got screwed op. I really dont know what you can do in this situation, i feel like after you bought them then its a done deal, just take it as an expensive lesson and try not to buy nice shit like thatfrom sketch balls on craigslist. Good luck with it man

3. This isn't related to anything illegal, if your that upset, file a police report. Cops are their to help lol. Because that's a pretty shady thing to do.

4. There's not much more you can do here. You could sue them, but for that little... your time is more valuable than that. Better off firing them a nasty email as insulting as you can get, make it really hit home and hurt xD Then drop it. Block their email address, and move on.

5. Never buy used speakers, unless they're like vintage guitar amp speakers or something that they don't make new.

6. woke up to find out i was ripped lastnight.. out of about 4 oz's of some nice sativa.. id say your not to bad off.. although your absolutely right!

7. judge judy