Use green light on your plants....

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by DoWorkSon, Feb 19, 2009.

1. As we all know it is bad to expose our plants to any kind of light during their dark/sleep time. i was told by a guy at the local plant store that green light will not disturb your plants during the dark period. i would rather be save than sorry, so i happen to have a green party light so i am using that now when i go check on my girls sleeping. but is there any truth to this?

2. yes it is true and the reason being that the green spectrum of light is invisible to plants.

3. I use green light regularly to check on my plants and sometimes do maintenance work at "night". Never had a problem and i've been there for an hour at times. I strongly recommend every grower to have one.

4. Thanks for the input fellas... now that i know for a fact that its true, I'm now going to install a green light into my cab. Now i can trim and water without that super bright HPS blinding me.:hello: Also i must a agree, every grower should have a green light. spread the word

5. make sure you post back here with your results.

a regular light bulb with green coating will not work. it has to be an led light made to only emit the green part of the spectrum. if you do a search, there is more than one thread about this, and more than one had bad results.