USCG / Coast Guard

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Bob Mullet, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Hey guys, this is a serious thread concerning my possible enlistment in the Coast Guard.

Any feedback would be helpful in my decision whether it be negative or positive. But please dont fill this post with false information.

Why should/shouldnt i join?

2. In my opinion the army or any armed forces is a waste of a life. You are fighting for your country yes and you deserve the upmost respect but your fighting for idiotic politicians. Your fighting for the wrong things...imagine your ordered to kill innocent people?

3. It's a good idea. Had a friend who joined and made chief petty officer. You can learn a lot, and see many places. It's good for your resume, as well, when you get out. The Coast Guard performs many other functions besides war: search and rescue, firefighting, icebreaking and other jobs are very important.

4. True, but this is the coast guard im talking about, not the marines or the army.
    USCG members are deployed to protect our shores and many other beneficial tasks, whether it be drug trafficking or saving lives out on the open ocean.

Not many classes would be sent to KILL if you know what im saying.

5. Good information, i really appreciate that.

Keep `em comin

6. Good point but once your in the army you can always be sent to combat. The coast guard sounds like a good idea as long as you don't have to fight.

7. I've always thought the coast guard was pretty cool, because they're the one's I always see flying in the helicopters over the beach looking out for people

8. haha i know right. ^
    i just feel like im not really doing anything with my life, although i have a decent amount of hours in college and such. im just tired of "following the crowd".

not only that but this should teach me some discipline and set me on the right track not only mentally, but physically.

9. nah bro dont join the coast guard and dont fucking fight for this country cuz its all for waste...
    this country is already as fucked as possible so just forget it just enjoy your life while u can
    cuz next thing u know itll be world war 3 and we'll all be fuckin nuked.
    :smoking:
    good day sir

10. I would say only do it if you're %100 committed.

11. My cousin just tried to join and he said there was a 2 year wait period but I'm not 100% sure about that.

12. Good advice