USB Microphone not recognized

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by CAPITAL CROOK, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Hey all, just trying to connect my usb microphone to my computer here.

I have used the Blue Yeti Microphone in the past and it was a non-issue, I literally just plugged the thing in and went without issue; this mic is basically the same thing, where you plug the microphone into usb, then plug your headphones into the jack located on the microphone itself.

This USB mic is by Cyber Acoustics, called Denali Pro and the damn thing will not work. It has a LED that activates when the unit gets power, so I know the microphone itself is getting power from the USB, however the microphone will not appear under recording devices and is not even labeled as an 'Unknown Device' under the Device Manager USB ports.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled all my USB ports, but when I plug the microphone in, its like nothing was plugged in at all.

Note: I am using RealTek HD Audio Manager.

I bought this fuckin thing about a year ago and have had no plans to use it until now and am left befuddled.

2. Many using that model had to use a different USB cable.

:smoke:

3. It also may be a permissions thing.

If your microphone isn't detected after updating Windows 10, you may need to give apps permission to use it.

• To let apps access the microphone, select the Start button, and then select Settings > Privacy > Microphone . Then turn on Allow apps to access your microphone.
    • After allowing access to the microphone, you can choose which apps can access these features under Choose which apps can access your microphone.

• :smoke:

4. Thanks for trying to help, but I am pretty sure the mic is just NFG, just will not work no matter what. I have gotten a headset with Mic to work, so idk what to say but thanks for your time.

5. ..Chinese hacking everything with their cheap materials...