Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Usage of Marijuana among Teenagers?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Keith McKief, Jul 10, 2013.

1. #1 Keith McKief, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2013
    What are the effects of marijuana use among teenagers do you think there are? I can't really find more problems other than lack of motivation. But that's only from my personal experience growing up as a teen smoking weed.

What did you notice marijuana might have done to you throughout these years? This isn't a guilt topic, I smoke everyday, but more of an introspective topic in a way.

2. it made me a much happier person. but when i was at school it did cause me to lose motivation in doing my work lol.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Fuckin' kids always seem to blame an object, like "my dog ate my guideline to it, so i couldn't finish the project". Sorry teacher, i ain't no fucking preacher but these kids these days, they blame the herb to not own up to the shit that makes them insecure in their haze, owning up to your shit is the only cure so remember to always examine what you say and do and don't misconstrue the view for others who can't quite see through this hue, much like you.

4. #4 Keith McKief, Jul 10, 2013

Completely agree, growing up I didn't blame bud so much as I blamed myself. Instead of doing what I should have been doing (schoolwork, errands, etc.) I would just blaze and chill. That was completely my choice though, it was just the greatness of the herb that caught me in a grand ol' daze.

Kids should be taught more about the dangers weed can have when its abused instead of the old "weed will fry your brain if you try it".

The smokers in my school who it affected negatively would smoke every morning and night. They thought if it hadnt hurt them before it cant and wont.

6. WTF WTF WTF stick to one (1) uno  thread why keep making these????? 

i smoked as a teen and it helped me ok ?!?!?!

7. I think that teens should be allowed to smoke as long as they are not high during school and pulling off passing grades.

8. i don't necessarily agree with this considering i was high for every class in my freshmen year of college and i came out with a 3.8 gpa haha. but yeah i was talking about this with my brother the other day. when i first started smoking in 8th grade I had no respect for what weed was or the high. I didn't understand or anything I just knew it felt good and that D.A.R.E. told me i'm one step away from doing meth. i believe that marijuana (if legalized in places other than colorado) should have an age restriction at 17/18 (MAYBE even 16)...in my opinion the whole "weed-like-alcohol act" in Colorado is bullshit, yeah it's a start and a helluvah an awesome one and im appreciative but i'm sure we all know alcohol is FAR more destructive than weed and provides next to no benefits besides social gathering. As I said before the 16-18 age restriction would be just so the child has enough time to grow up and learn about their surroundings and begin scratching the surface of the real world before they begin delving into weed because they won't appreciate it for what it is.

9. #9 BearJew7, Jul 10, 2013
    The brain doesn't stop developing until you're like 24 or 25. The earlier you start the worse. You're only deluding yourself if you think getting high has 0 negative effects on brain growth during those crucial years of development. Same goes for alcohol. I'm not trying to be a troll, I first tried marijuana when I was like 17 maybe? But I didn't start regularly getting high until 20. I've been told I'm a pretty smart person, always done well in school, but who knows, maybe id be even smarter I'd I didn't drink or smoke in high school. Maybe id have less issues with anxiety and depression, there's no way to tell.

10. 100% depends on the student. I would not smoke if I was not a A B student with a 3.7. Some can handle it some cant. I know a kid from a nice and wealthy family that has already dropped out of high school. I'm the biggest smoker in my grade, but there are kids about to be kicked out just because of their inability to cope with weed.

On a second note, I play varsity Lacrosse for my school, and it does have an effect on high school atheletes. During the spring I only vape to prevent lung damage.

11. Damn, this part really got me thinking... Where would I be if I never started this habit?

12. Fuckin' kids always seem to blame an object,
    [​IMG]