USA vs. Spain

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Deutschbag, Aug 16, 2008.

1. What a thrashing!

United States of America 119 Spain 82

What was this about a big test?

Can't wait to see them stand on that podium.

2. Well this game just ended live. We CRUSH Spain by 37 points.

Suffocating defense was the key in this game as it has been throughout the series.

Three point shooting was finally on target tonight.

Lebron, and Wade had huge games.

They had no answer for us. They would try playing zone, but our perimeter game was spot on. No answer.

Also, our depth is spectacular. We just churn out fresh body after fresh body of talent that cannot be matched.

Next up: Germany on Monday.

Then, it's the medal round boys.

GO USA!

3. We should somehow combine our threads haha. You were more analytical then I was but we pretty much made a statement to the world. USA basketball is above the rest.

4. Done and done. :D

5. Yeah they were posted at identical times (after the game)! Glad to see someone else was watching!

I love this team. Really.

It's such a different story than 4 years ago, when the team was assembled and began practicing two weeks before the games. You just can't do that. There needs to be chemistry involved. This team has been together now for three years. There's a companionship about. There's friendship. They understand their roles.

6. I don't want to get too confident. It is important to win and make a statement during group play, but the medal round is what matters. Let's not get ahead of ourselves, and respect our opponents.

7. Oh I agree. The world has caught up. After beating Spain the way we did though. I don't think there is a team that can match up to our athleticism or depth. The only way to the US is for the US to beat themselves.

8. this years US mens team is way more cohesive a group than the last team. They prepared much harder for this Olympic run and it's showing.

9. It doesn't hurt when you Have the two best players in all the land, Kobe and LeBron.

10. Good game. Dwade is all over the court.

11. You know it. I am ecstatic to see he is back in full form after his shoulder, and knee injuries.

12. Fixed