US troops burning Korans?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Kamehameha, Feb 23, 2012.

1. BBC News - Barack Obama apology to Afghanistan over Koran burning

That's a fucking disgrace, and we wonder why the Middle East hates us. This kind of action will just fuel them up and enrage them. If you were a devoted Christian, how would you feel if a group of people were burning bibles?

Yea I get it, "but they're fighting for America!", but ignorant and unconscious fucks like this need punishment, they're making things worse.:confused_2:

2. Sounds like religion has too much hold on society to me...Bigger problems than a few Koran's getting lit up, much bigger.:cool:

3. Of course, but to these people that's a right to kill for offending their way of life, and to them it is beyond outrageous. You gotta put yourselves in their perspective i guess. It's like burning everything they stand for.

4. It's a propaganda run...I'm almost 100% sure. More than likely the military is pulling moves like this to disrupt the enemy, strike down moral, or force them into stupid decisions.

War is not fun, never has been, never will be...Man sacrifices more of their humanity during war than any other time in their life.

So of course the president is going to stand up and say "I didn't know/This is a disgrace." More than likely he didn't know, but if he read the reports he would probably have a better idea...Or he fully knows and is just putting on a show.

Fact is it isn't going to stop, and we will continue to hear stories like this in any war with any country...You have been lied to before and the U.S. is getting pretty good at keeping up with their stories, sacrifice one person so that a dozen others can continue to do what the one person got caught doing.:cool:

5. ^ yep. fucking stupid ass bullshit. our government is out of control. if they think people like me are going to fight their wars they have another thing coming.

6. Ohhhhh, I thought the title read Koreans not Korans. Still fucked up though

7. ^^how about you stop typing and smoke a j before you continue to further make yourself look like a ignorant dumbass;)

8. I think it's bc captured terrorists were writing messages in them, which is against Islam, in prison and returning them to the library for others to get, and burning them is considered an accepted way of disposal.

That's what the news is telling me, but idk...

9. I don't even know what to believe from news lol. And I'm pretty sure burning them isn't an accepted disposal

10. Haha, I thought that too

11. #12 Iowa Fresh, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2012
    Idk, it's says in the Koran not to write in it, so maybe that calls for burning it :confused_2:

And we burn our flags that are beyond fixable

12. An ignorant dumbass would infact be a smart one. Oxymoron XD
    Completely pointless post, I just felt like being that guy. I'll go now :smoke:

13. I don't have too much sympathy...

They burn the fuck outta the American flag.

And honestly, theres tons and tons of copies of the koran, its not like they burned every single copy in the middle east or something.

14. i wish goku was here

15. #16 NasaJoe, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2012
    One of the Families that lost their son in the lie that was the Iraq war burned a flag recently because the idiot NJ gov. Chris Christie lowered the flag to half staff for Whitney Houston.. The forefathers and the people who lost their life for this great country to be free would be rolling in their grave if they witnessed the shit that was going on today.. so personally (and I certainly don't speak for RP supporters everywhere) I say let that shit burn as a symbolic act due to the current state of this establishment.

16. Damn right. I'm christian but I wouldn't sweat one drop if somebody was burning bibles. I mean I don't care if it's your "holy book" or what, to people who arn't of your faith it's nothing but paper. Of course the media will over sensatize this, and the arabs will slant it into justification for more killing and terror attacks.

17. Meh, its paper. Get over it. If they get that upset over holy book burning they're not smart enough to function properly anyway.

18. Ain't even gonna lie I did too. It's the only reason why I came in here.

But still this provoking is fucked up

19. Dude we piss on corpses.

Fuck the Koran, burn it and then put it out with your piss.

The Bible too. fuck it, you get me the Pope...and I'll shit directly into his mouth.

Religion in general deserves to get pissed on.