US troops attack Somalia

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 420420420, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Oh my bad. I didnt realize a "half joking" and irrelevant point had to be answered. What was your insinuation? That there cant be 200 people in Al Queda? The part of you being inaccurate is that every other week there is a news story of an Al Queda leader being killed and that even if that were true, it is some how relevant to the thread.

2. #42 TheDankery, Sep 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2009
    Well, okay then...
    On about Sept. 14 we killed a senior Al-Qaeda official in Somalia, right? That's what this whole topic is about. Sept. 8 we are believed to have killed two senior Al-Qaeda in North Waziristan -
    Senior al Qaeda leaders reported killed in North Waziristan strike - The Long War Journal

That's not even every other week... that was last week.

Al Qaeda and Taliban leaders killed in US airstrikes since 2004 - The Long War Journal
    This link has more information on recent killings of senior Al-Qaeda or Taliban members, including Baitullah Mehsud - killed: Aug. 5, 2009, Kifayatullah Anikhel - killed: July 7, 2009 and Mufti Noor Wal, killed three days eariler on July 3rd.

We've killed 4 Top Al-Qadea since August 5. This guy in Somalia, those two guys in Northern Waziristan, and Baitullah Mehsud - that's 4 top officials in about 6 weeks, for example.
    So what part about my assertion that every other week, roughly, an "senior" or "high-ranking official" Al-Qadea is killed; is not true or is inaccurate?

My basic insinuation was that it seems there are nearly endless amounts of senior officials or deputies or high-ranking members of Al-Qaeda to be killed or captured, while the one guy we've been after for about a decade some eludes us.
    I never once said there can't be hundreds of Al-Qaeda out there, I just made a comment about how many "senior officials" Al-Qaeda has for such a small group.
    I admit it may have been a weak point, but it is still accurate and relevant to this discussion.

3. Your article: "Baitullah would be the first tier one target (senior most al Qaeda and Taliban commanders) killed since the Jan. 1, 2009, airstrike that killed Osama al Kini and Sheikh Ahmed Salim Swedan."

Was published August 7. That is 1 in 8 months. It lists ~2 dozen since 2004. How does this prove your point?

4. Yes, that's true. So that's 6 top dudes we've killed in 9 months so far this year. I was wrong about it being every other week average.
    But my basic point was that while we keep killing senior Al-Qaeda/Taliban/Whatever every couple couple of weeks, we can't capture/kill the guy we've really been after for over a decade. And lately we've been killing a bunch of top dudes. It's a weak point, but it's true.

5. Satellite Imagery Regulations

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache...ons&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

6. EbencoyE, it's good to see someone else who sees through the military-industrial complex's bullshit. For too long they have been creating imaginary enemies like al Qaeda, North Korea, Nazi Germany, and the British Empire to keep perpetuating false flag wars like the "American Revolution".

Think about it sheeple. Right after we're tricked into thinking we're fighting the British Empire (which many historians doubt ever existed) the US Constitution was signed with a little provision called the 2nd Ammendment. It's obvious this bogus "War for Independence" was nothing but a ploy by the military industrial complex to guarantee their North Amercian market.