US: The Drug Destruction of Mexico, Part I,Part II

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by oltex, Jul 17, 2010.

1. #1 oltex, Jul 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2010
    US: The Drug Destruction of Mexico, Part I

Kristian Beadle underscores the effect drug cartels are having on Mexico’s politics, people and ultimately, its environment.

US:The Drug Destruction of Mexico, Part II

“When I grew up in Mazatlán, I’d hear people say, it’s better to live five years rich than a lifetime poor,” I was told by Daniel, who is studying law at a university in Mexico City. “Sometimes it would even be written on walls.”

I will post part III as soon as it is published
    :wave:

If I post an article that does not mention marijuana in it,it is because you never know when any scrap of information will allow you to shut a prohibitionists mouth.
    The prohibs are continuously using information and insinuations that marijuana causes many of the problems in Mexico and we must keep ourselves informed to point out the lies as they are told,not try and fight them later after they are already embedded in peoples minds as facts.

2. "When one of the nation's most-wanted drug lords, Arturo Beltran Leyva, was killed in a shootout led by the Mexican Navy in December 2009, many applauded the effort. However, the biggest winner was his archrival from the Sinaloa cartel, Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman, who has landed on the Forbes magazine billionaire list as richest man No. 701 and 41st most powerful man in the world."

and i bet when he says his prayers at night, the DEA is number one. "Thank you DEA for handing me a huge drug market in America and protecting that market for me"

god i fucking hate politicians. how can they/we ignore this? we need to legalize and it should have been done years ago.

3. So they are becoming better organized, scaling up their methods of violence and seeping their influence into the political fray down there?

Sounds like what prohibition does best, Fail.

4. same shit different day.:smoke: