US President Brack Obama confirms drone strikes in Pakistan

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Swills, Jan 31, 2012.

1. #1 Swills, Jan 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2012
    In a recent online video chat with the President this past Monday via the "hangout", Google's social network, Google+, which was also streamed live on YouTube, Obama answered questions submitted via YouTube and selected by Google based on viewer rating, not random people asking random questions.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M15FXSMRqA]US President Brack Obama confirms drone strikes in Pakistan - YouTube[/ame]

So Obama says that the drone strikes haven't killed a large number of civilians, which could be argued a lie by the President. Even if it isn't a lie, is it okay to be the cause of 10 innocent peoples death in the name of stopping terrorism? Is the US Gov't/military now terrorists too? People in Pakistan are dying because of drone strikes. US drone strikes have killed enough civilians & militants to cause Pakistanis to protest the US military, calling them terrorists. So I believe Obama is totally playing this issue down.

The Pakistiai Gov't is just like any other Gov't, same type of politiicians and all. They cater to both parties, in this case they cater to the US Federal Gov't and their own people, playing both sides of the issue.

The truth about American drones could be very inconvenient for Pakistan

[​IMG]

Pakistanis protest latest U.S. drone strike (1/11/12)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBfHKOqPOs8]Pakistanis Protest Latest US Drone Strike - YouTube[/ame]

Pakistanis protest U.S. drone attacks

[​IMG]

According to Wikipedia there's been a total of 286 drone attacks in Pakistan, minimum number of people killed is 1,731, the maximum number of people killed is 2,696.

From Wikipedia's civilian causality section,

According to Bloomberg

But there are those who disagree with Bloomberg

Drone attack in Pakistan: 2005-2012

Currently the Middle Eastern nation that has seen the most US drone attacks is Libya.

2. Hahahahaha

Amazing.

In less than 4 years he went from "I will end the wars and bring the troops home" to defending killing "not that many" civilians.

At least I can respect George Bush for being an unrepentant mother fucker. Obama is just a piece of shit.

3. #3 SmokinP, Jan 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2012
    Petition Petition to the Norwegian Nobel Academy to rescind Obama's Peace Prize

4. Obama uses bait and switch.
    It was effective.

Citizens use defense
    It was not effective.

Citizens has died.

Obama wins the battle.

5. citizens expected real change
    it was super not effective

6. yeah maybe he condones killing civilians.. but look how smart and well spoken he is when he talks about it.
    and he's wearing a really nice suit.

7. #7 Deleted member 472633, Jan 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
    Like Joe Biden said,"He's so well spoken for a black guy." (approximation)

or what harry reid said he's “light skinned” and “with no Negro dialect.” (exact words)

8. So why arent we worried about Pakistan finally getting pissed off and Nuking Israel or anybody else? Were actually bombing the country with nukes with no repercussions, yet everybody is going crazy over Iran? Seems silly to me.

9. Your signature still counts whether you donate or not...

There is a message that tells you this...

10. Ok good, i'm in class so I'm only half paying attention to what it said. Thanks for clarifying!

11. Truth...

Iran are like the shop keeper with a baseball bat under the counter..

The US and Israel are the local mafia who send around 10 heavies armed to the teeth with guns, knives and clubs...

Unless the shop keeper is suicidal, he will leave the bat where it is...

12. if you want to talk about truth, pakistan`s intelligence service called the ISI, I think, have helped stop a lot of t3rr0r1$m in that region, they hate (hammas, alqeuda) more then we do, and have co-operated with alied forces throught the region in aiding in the elimination of al queda and hammas in the region alone, ...

Now Iran on the other hand...:rolleyes:

if you`re going to do comperisons and talk of truth, at least make accurate statements.

Israel has no war for profit going on, they just want to be left the fuck alone, that wont happen until certain extermist groups are given a proper re-education on reality via galil.

13. See....a perfect example of why we all need to have some fully automatic turrets in our stores...to protect our shop keepers from these goons...

In a store near you soon! Protecting our freedoms and cutting down on shoplifting nationwide!
    [​IMG]
    :p

14. ^ beast! Reminds me of my turrets in Command and Conquer RTS games.

15. Yea you don't want anybody to buy your products. It's so radical, man!

16. Where did the nukes come in from. We are not using Nukes over there. :rolleyes: :smoke:

17. What was not accurate about the statement that i made ?
    Iran have not attacked anybody.

If it is the fact they have provided funds for Hamas and Hezbollah that has your knickers in a twist then take a long look at the US and other nations.
    How many parasites have the US funded down through the years ?

Why is it only Iran that you bitch about ?
    What about the parasite of parasites the grotesque Saudis ?
    They have given lots and lots of money to extremist organizations such as AQ...
    They have also funded Hamas and Hezbollah...

18. he meant, we are bombing a country that has nuke capabilities.. not that we are using them ourselves.

19. Nobody defends the saudis but they are a strategic ally for the US so that's why they get a pass (for now at least :eek:). The sad reality of international politics.

20. Doh! Comprehension must be crap today.
    Thanks August. :smoke: