Us government

Discussion in 'Politics' started by STARTED2LATE, Oct 7, 2010.

1. #21 PhillGates, Oct 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2010
    Well, okay. But I'm kinda curious as to what you meant by.

2. Verb implied that lying, cheating, stealing, and killing were all inherent to human nature. I fundamentally disagree, and instead suggest that such things are acts of desperation.

If someone is desperate to conceal the truth, they might choose to lie. If someone is desperate to have something which does not belong to them, they might choose to steal. If someone is desperate to win at all costs, they might choose to cheat. And the mother of all desperation is killing.

Humanity is synonymous with decency for a reason.

3. Gotcha.

I thought maybe you where implying that a certain number of humans in society only choose these acts simply because they're in partnership with the government.

Muhbad. ;)

4. This.

5. WTF? That is why everyone is so outraged, because these travesties are happening to real people like you and me, who have families and goals and shit. If you ever let yourself become deluded into thinking that other people around the world are less human than you, then you are the one with the problems. You've been consuming to much TV media, where deaths become statistics ect.

(You may not actually feel that way yourself, and were just describing how another group acts/feels. That's fine, my response is to that group.)

6. I'm outraged because I'm forced to participate in a system which gives me no other choice but to participate.

I could do a better job than 90% of these fookers just at first glance, and I'm sure everyone else feels that way too.

7. No, no government, ever, anytime, anywhere, will not lie to its people.

The people in power think the normal people are stupid because.....well, for the most part people are pretty fucking stupid. Also ignorant, but at least that can be fixed. IMO though, a majority of people in the world are dumb as hell, this country especially it seems.

If smart people outnumbered the dumb, we might have a chance at turning the tides. At this point though, I feel as though we're living the opening of Idiocracy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSROlfR7WTo]YouTube - "Idiocracy" introduction - the future of human evolution[/ame]

8. Oh, and here is a nice article from Cracked explaining why people in power will always suck :D

5 Scientific Reasons Powerful People Will Always Suck | Cracked.com

"A study of personality types once found that as a group, serial killers scored highest in "superficial charm, an exaggerated sense of self-worth, glibness, lying, lack of remorse and manipulation of others." The other highest-scoring group for these undesirable traits? Politicians."

9. :shrug: I dont know what im talking about. I was just high and bored, dont taze me bro.

10. no, i dont think so...

tis the price of ignorance...

just did...:smoke:

11. I'm pretty sure Lies and Propaganda were distributed by the man using written word hundreds, if not thousands of years before TV ;)